BoatBanter.com

-   -   Obama and your Wallet - Was: What is 200 + 77? Answer: President Obama (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99865-re-obama-your-wallet-re-what-200-77-answer-president-obama.html)

Joe[_5_] November 7th 08 10:00 PM

Obama and your Wallet - Was: What is 200 + 77? Answer: President Obama

Don't be shocked to see that $500 to $1,000 a month bill for your
family's health coverage to go up to as high as $1,500 to $3,000 a
month.

I don't normally respond to posts like this that are multiposted to such
groups as alt kooks.... but I will make this comment.

I don't say it to me mean or snotty but after spending five months in a
Canadian hospital I feel sorry for you Americans who require health care
and advanced medical services that you have to pay for out of your own
pocket.

I spent three month in a primary hospital setting, had two surgeries and
will guess that the cost was about 1,000 per day for my treatment.

After that I spent two month in a rehabilitation hospital at a cost of
350 dollars per day.

I'm now on homecare and receive visits and dressing changes three times
per week and have no idea what that costs.

MY COST TO ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL...... NOTHING.

I can't see how any American without health insurance can even afford to
have their tonsils removed let alone major surgery.

Cliff November 7th 08 10:29 PM

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:00:22 GMT, Joe wrote:

[...]

They cannot.
But if sick enough many get treated at someone else's expense
anyway. Usually after losing everything & with no hope for the
future (still in debt for life).
The later can easily happen even to the insured as well.
--
Cliff

Matt Stawicki November 7th 08 11:28 PM

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:29:57 -0500, Cliff wrote:

[...]

Unless, of course, you're a illegal Mexican. CA hospitals, by law,
cannot turn them away - for any reason.

rand mair fheal November 7th 08 11:33 PM

Obama and your Wallet - Was: What is 200 + 77? Answer: President Obama

In article ,
Matt Stawicki wrote:

[...]

good to see the bigots are still around
comic relief

arf meow arf - cats and dogs living together - who ya goin call
its the end of the world as you know it - filler text goes here
this is how the world ends - not with a whimper but with a bang
this is how the world ends - not with a whimper but with a bang

Cliff November 8th 08 09:28 AM

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:28:11 -0800, Matt Stawicki wrote:

[...]

So they just turn White People away, eh?
--
Cliff

Gunner Asch November 8th 08 11:06 PM

[...]

Somebody paid for it.

Who was it?

Gunner

Matt Stawicki November 8th 08 11:26 PM

Obama and your Wallet - Was: What is 200 + 77? Answer: President Obama

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:33:59 -0800, rand mair fheal
wrote:

In article ,
Matt Stawicki wrote:

[...]

No bigotry intended, implied or stated. Facts are facts. CA spends
millions providing health care for illegal Mexicans. They even come
over the border to get free medical care, then go back!

Matt

Kadaitcha Man[_3_] November 8th 08 11:48 PM

Obama and your Wallet - Was: What is 200 + 77? Answer: President Obama

Matt Stawicki, ye raw-boned simple clown, a huge translation of
hypocrisy, vilely compiled, profoundly stupid, ye drawled:

No bigotry intended, implied or stated. Facts are facts. CA spends
millions providing health care for illegal Mexicans. They even come
over the border to get free medical care, then go back!

But you wouldn't if you were a poor Mexican peasant, right?

--
alt.usenet.kooks
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

Hammer of Thor: February 2007.
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker:
September 2005, April 2006, January 2007, August 2008.
Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle, Official owner
and trainer of Bucky Breeder, August 2008.

Member of:
Usenet Ruiner List
Top Assholes on the Net List
Most hated usenetizens of all time List
Cog in the AUK Hate Machine List

Find me on Google Maps: 24°39'47.13"S, 134°4'20.18"E

Join me for dinner. I'm cooking prurient blow flies and scorpion
appendix sauce garnished with distorted human armpit hairs, dished up in
a wriggling pot brimming with dilapidated uncooked parsnip in butter, a
side of foetal polecat kidney and a can of pap smear scrapings.

Curly Surmudgeon November 9th 08 12:47 AM

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:26:48 -0800, Matt Stawicki wrote:

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:33:59 -0800, rand mair fheal
wrote:

In article ,
Matt Stawicki wrote:

[...]

True. Also true that Mexicans pay more into the general fund than they
take out in health care. It's a net profit for California just in dollars
then you must take in the value of cheap labor. Labor that unethical
growers often refuse to pay knowing the illegals won't go to the
authorities to collect upon.

Then there is the profit of cultural diversity, dining, and art.

--
Regards, Curly

rand mair fheal November 9th 08 01:16 AM

"Kadaitcha Man" wrote:

Matt Stawicki, ye raw-boned simple clown, a huge translation of
hypocrisy, vilely compiled, profoundly stupid, ye drawled:

No bigotry intended, implied or stated. Facts are facts. CA spends
millions providing health care for illegal Mexicans. They even come
over the border to get free medical care, then go back!

But you wouldn't if you were a poor Mexican peasant, right?

the claim is nonsensical
people dont freely stroll across the border
hospitals dont check citizenship or immigration status of patients

and the people who get hit the worst are like po widdle matty
middle class home owners who lost their coverage
when they lost their job or the employer drop coverage
and a preexisting condition locks them out of coverage

they then choose between dying
or watching their entire middle class property seized to pay bills
leaving them destitute but as uncollectable as they are uncoverable