BoatBanter.com

-   -   End of the Season (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99726-end-season.html)

Boater November 2nd 08 01:10 PM

End of the Season

Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.

This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0812-35-58.jpg

Big Boater November 2nd 08 01:22 PM

End of the Season

Boater wrote:
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.

This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0812-35-58.jpg

I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. Besides the
obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

Jim November 2nd 08 02:52 PM

End of the Season

Big Boater wrote:
Boater wrote:
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.

This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly
a soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0812-35-58.jpg

I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. Besides the
obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

I wouldn't count on it. Don't you recall his account of launching and
retrieving his boat with a 200 foot tether line that allowed him to go
park his car without letting go of his boat?

[email protected] November 2nd 08 05:15 PM

End of the Season

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...he-season10-31...

I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. *Besides the
* obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

I certainly agree!

BAR[_3_] November 2nd 08 07:49 PM

End of the Season

Boater wrote:
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.
This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...he-season10-31...
I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. Besides the
obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

I certainly agree!

What happened to the picture Harry?

Boater November 2nd 08 07:52 PM

End of the Season

Boater wrote:
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.
This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...he-season10-31...

I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. Besides the
obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

I certainly agree!

What happened to the picture Harry?

Ask the idiots who commented on it... :)

Jim November 2nd 08 08:14 PM

End of the Season

Boater wrote:
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.
This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...he-season10-31...

I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. Besides the
obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

I certainly agree!

What happened to the picture Harry?

The subject wouldn't cooperate and stand still for him?

Canuck57[_3_] November 2nd 08 09:16 PM

End of the Season

"Boater" wrote in message
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.

This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0812-35-58.jpg

Probably praying a lot.

Obama winning will not be good.

BAR[_3_] November 2nd 08 10:39 PM

End of the Season

Jim wrote:
Boater wrote:
Wow...beautiful day Friday, and I was messing around with a new lens.
This is the boardwalk area at Chesapeake Beach...and there was
hardly a
soul around, not even folks walking their dogs.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...he-season10-31...

I hope you are a better boater than you are a photographer. Besides
the
obvious motion blur, nothing was in focus.

I certainly agree!

What happened to the picture Harry?

The subject wouldn't cooperate and stand still for him?

I didn't feel the earthquake, less than 50 miles away, and I haven't
heard anything on the news.

Richard Casady November 2nd 08 11:10 PM

End of the Season

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:39:58 -0500, BAR wrote:

I didn't feel the earthquake, less than 50 miles away, and I haven't
heard anything on the news.

The Geology building at Colorado U has a seismograph in a glass case
next to the lecture hall. There was a terminal, tied into a network of
seismographs, with the last twenty four hours earthquakes. Dozens of
them. Everything over magnitude 2. You could see at a glance that
California was still there. Salting the wounds. I Iooked at the little
x's marking thousands of too small.to feel quakes, on my way to my
Geology 101 class. I was surprised threre were so many of them. Good
detectors these days.

Casady