BoatBanter.com

-   -   BoatUS Recommends Leaving Your Boat's Gas Tank Full This Winter (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99339-boatus-recommends-leaving-your-boats-gas-tank-full-winter.html)

Vic Smith October 19th 08 05:04 PM

BoatUS Recommends Leaving Your Boat's Gas Tank Full This Winter

http://www.boatus.com/news/releases.asp

Article is about 2/3rds of the way down.
Pretty informative.

--Vic

Tim October 19th 08 10:22 PM

BoatUS Recommends Leaving Your Boat's Gas Tank Full This Winter

On Oct 19, 11:04*am, Vic Smith
wrote:
http://www.boatus.com/news/releases.asp

Article is about 2/3rds of the way down.
Pretty informative.

--Vic

I always thought that was a standard, Vic. before I make the last lap
of the year, I will give my boat a generous drink of fuel stabilizer,
run a healthy lap around the lake to get the stay-bil worked into the
carb and fuel system, then pull the boat go add some more sta-bil,
then fill the tank. and that part's done. The sta-bil bottle
recommends one ounce per two gallons of gas, I double that. seems to
be OK.

JimH[_2_] October 20th 08 12:19 AM

BoatUS Recommends Leaving Your Boat's Gas Tank Full This Winter

On Oct 19, 5:22*pm, Tim wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:04*am, Vic Smith
wrote:

http://www.boatus.com/news/releases.asp

Article is about 2/3rds of the way down.
Pretty informative.

--Vic

I always thought that was a standard, Vic. before I make the last lap
of the year.....

Ditto.

IanM October 23rd 08 01:13 AM

BoatUS Recommends Leaving Your Boat's Gas Tank Full This Winter

JimH wrote:

On Oct 19, 5:22 pm, Tim wrote:

On Oct 19, 11:04 am, Vic Smith
wrote:

http://www.boatus.com/news/releases.asp

Article is about 2/3rds of the way down.
Pretty informative.

--Vic

I always thought that was a standard, Vic. before I make the last lap
of the year.....

Ditto.

I think the message should also be check your filters and water
seperator in the spring. If it *does* separate you'll have around 10%
of a tank of water/ethonol mixture and it would be prudent to initially
dip the tank in the spring to check for water and check the filter bowl
*frequently* while you are using up last year's gas. Catch the water
while its in the tank - no big deal but if you let it get into the
injection pump, get out your wallet.