BoatBanter.com

-   -   Back from the underworld and nuthins changed (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/99126-back-underworld-nuthins-changed.html)

[email protected] October 13th 08 04:36 AM

Back from the underworld and nuthins changed

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

[email protected] October 13th 08 04:40 AM

On Oct 12, 11:36 pm, wrote:
Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

Actually not entirely true. Gas was $3.46/gal on Wed and when I drove
home I was shocked to buy it at $3.13/gallon. WOW, market really
tanked, BUY, BUY, BUY. I went really deep underground and still did
not meet Dick Cheney, the Dems are wrong, shrug.

[email protected] October 13th 08 12:14 PM

Back from the underworld and nuthins changed

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:36:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

After all your idiotic political posts, everybody kind of got
sidetracked away from posting about boats.

Nothing new about you being out of touch with the real world...

leo[_4_] October 13th 08 01:06 PM

wrote:

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

We are very luck to have about two dozen new political assholes here.
They were invited by Harry because almost no one here would talk to
him.

Boater October 13th 08 01:15 PM

wrote:

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

We are very luck to have about two dozen new political assholes here.
They were invited by Harry because almost no one here would talk to
him.

Perhaps we got bored waiting for you to post some interesting on topic
items for discussion, Leo. After all, you haven't done it yet.

Here's an idea: why don't you and the rest of the low-brain-output
GOP'ers around here start posting some interesting stuff ON TOPIC and
see what happens?

Richard Casady October 13th 08 01:48 PM

wrote:

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

This morning's take was 61 politics, 0 boating. I not only have a
boat, but there are others I can borrow. After the election it may get
better, who knows.

Casady

Boater October 13th 08 02:04 PM

wrote:

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

This morning's take was 61 politics, 0 boating. I not only have a
boat, but there are others I can borrow. After the election it may get
better, who knows.

Casady

rec.boats is not a boating discussion group. It stopped being one when
the right-wing schitts decided to go after every on-topic post of every
poster whose politics they didn't like.

After a few months of that, the outcome was obvious.

[email protected] October 13th 08 03:38 PM

wrote:

Am back from a Wed-Sun extended weekend of caving completely out of
touch with the unreal world and nothing has changed at all. Still no
posts about boats. Am I the only one here who actually does any
boating?

This morning's take was 61 politics, 0 boating. I not only have a
boat, but there are others I can borrow. After the election it may get
better, who knows.

Casady

rec.boats is not a boating discussion group. It stopped being one when
the right-wing schitts decided to go after every on-topic post of every
poster whose politics they didn't like.

After a few months of that, the outcome was obvious.

I thought about writing a story about a guy who goes caving. When he
goes in, Bush is pres and he is gone only a single day but when he
comes out some weirdo black guy with a funny name is pres. My friends
said "nah, too lame, write one about when he comes out rec.boats
actually has boating posts"
So, I decided to write "Journey to the Cesspool of the Earth" about a
guy who discovers an alternative reality where Harry's ideas actually
work and he makes sense.

Boater October 13th 08 03:39 PM

Back from the underworld and nuthins changed

wrote:
..