BoatBanter.com

-   -   aux gas tank (use an outboard tank for an I/O) (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/98224-aux-gas-tank-use-outboard-tank-i-o.html)

Josh Assing September 21st 08 12:19 AM

aux gas tank (use an outboard tank for an I/O)

I had a thought about using a 5 gallon outboard gas tank as an "emergency
reserve" for my 22' run about -- I thought about getting the fittings normally
on the engine & put them inline with the "tank" fuel line -- but not sure if
it'd eventually suck air thru it or when plugged in, the outboard tank would
drain into the main tank..

has anyone done something like this?

-j

Tim September 21st 08 01:05 AM

On Sep 20, 6:19*pm, Josh Assing wrote:
I had a thought about using a 5 gallon outboard gas tank as an "emergency
reserve" for my 22' run about -- I thought about getting the fittings normally
on the engine & put them inline with the "tank" fuel line -- but not sure if
it'd eventually suck air thru it or when plugged in, the outboard tank would
drain into the main tank..

has anyone done something like this?

-j

Not me, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. multiple tank
systems arn't uncommon on lots of boats especially pontoons. I would
think that all you would really need is a "main" and "AUX" valve.