BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;) (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97600-ping-tim-i-need-new-starter%3B.html)

[email protected] September 2nd 08 03:22 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

Hey Tim, I have a 1988 Evenrude 25 horse and I need a starter for it.
Can you get one? How much? Fast? and do you need more numbers to look
it up?

Thanks, Scotty

HK September 2nd 08 04:18 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

wrote:
Hey Tim, I have a 1988 Evenrude 25 horse and I need a starter for it.
Can you get one? How much? Fast? and do you need more numbers to look
it up?

Thanks, Scotty

Just weld on the starter from one of your motorcycles. What's the diff,
right?

[email protected] September 2nd 08 04:43 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

On Sep 2, 11:21*am, wrote:
On Sep 2, 11:18*am, hk wrote:

wrote:
Hey Tim, I have a 1988 Evenrude 25 horse and I need a starter for it.
Can you get one? How much? Fast? and do you need more numbers to look
it up?

Thanks, Scotty

Just weld on the starter from one of your motorcycles. *What's the diff,
right?

Idiot.

Harry doesn't know the difference, he has never had dirty nails..

HK September 2nd 08 04:47 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

wrote:
On Sep 2, 11:21 am, wrote:
On Sep 2, 11:18 am, hk wrote:

wrote:
Hey Tim, I have a 1988 Evenrude 25 horse and I need a starter for it.
Can you get one? How much? Fast? and do you need more numbers to look
it up?
Thanks, Scotty
Just weld on the starter from one of your motorcycles. What's the diff,
right?

Idiot.

Harry doesn't know the difference, he has never had dirty nails..

Oh, I know the difference, but why should that difference matter to you,
Mr. Welderman?

Don White September 2nd 08 05:32 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

wrote in message
Hey Tim, I have a 1988 Evenrude 25 horse and I need a starter for it.
Can you get one? How much? Fast? and do you need more numbers to look
it up?

Thanks, Scotty

I'd be tempted to supply my model & serial numbers to avoid mismatch and
costly return.

[email protected] September 2nd 08 05:50 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

On Sep 2, 11:43*am, wrote:

[email protected] September 2nd 08 08:41 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

On Sep 2, 3:15*pm, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

It's another example of the pot calling the kettle black. Harry whines
about rec.boats not being about boats, someone posts about an outboard
motor starter, Harry instantly ****es on the thread, then his mutt Don
gets his digs in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---------------------

...gets my digs in????
I thought I offered a practical good sense suggestion.
Apparently, you haven't been exposed to that type of logic much in the past.

Get lost dude, your google guess is useless...

Tim September 2nd 08 08:45 PM

Ping: Tim. I need a new starter;)

On Sep 2, 9:22*am, wrote:
Hey Tim, I have a 1988 Evenrude 25 horse and I need a starter for it.
Can you get one? How much? Fast? and do you need more numbers to look
it up?

Thanks, Scotty

Scott, There's two different starters fo a 25 hp Evinrude. Why I don't
know. They look identical except one has a 9 tooth gear and the other
is 11 teeth. believe it or not, but the 9 t. costs me $67.50 + sh.
and the 11 is 47.50 +.

huh? they charge 20 more bucks for less teeth! Must be a popularity
type thing.

I can get it sent out of Allentown PA and you should have it the enxt
day.

Just let me know what you got.

Tim

That will take us all the way.