Senior Member

Default First post-veep pick poll results interesting

On Sep 1, 5:22*pm, hk wrote:
Lu Powell wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
om...
CBS NEWS POLL

For release: Monday, September 1, 2008
4:00 PM EDT
AFTER THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTION AND THE PALIN ANNOUNCEMENT
August 29 - 31, 2008

Democratic nominee Barack Obama’s lead over Republican John McCain
has grown after Obama’s convention – one that 71% of Americans (and
even 63% of Republicans) claim they watched. But as we move into the
Republican Convention and a hurricane watch, there are still a
significant number of voters who have yet to firmly make up their
minds.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden now lead John McCain and Sarah Palin by
eight points, 48% to 40%, up from Obama’s three point lead before
the convention.

***This is the first CBS News Poll to include the Vice Presidential
candidates in the horserace question.***

VOTE FOR PRESIDENT

(Among registered voters)

NOW Pre-convention*
Obama-Biden 48% 45%
McCain-Palin 40 42
Won’t vote 2 2
Undecided 9 10

* PreConvention results were obtained without respondents being
asked about Biden or Palin

Obama wins the support of independent voters in this poll; before
the convention, McCain had a 12 point advantage with this group.
Obama’s lead among women has also grown, to 14 points from 8 points
before the convention. And Obama maintained the lead he had before
the convention among those voters who supported Senator Hillary
Clinton in the Democratic primaries. Support from each candidate’s
partisan identifiers remains unchanged; 82% of Democrats favor
Obama, 81% of Republicans favor McCain.

VOTE FOR PRESIDENT

(Among registered voters)
Obama McCain
All 48% 40
Men 44% 44
Women 50% 36
Republicans 10% 81
Democrats 82% 10
Independents 43% 37

VOTE FOR PRESIDENT

(Among registered voters)
Obama McCain
Clinton supporters 58% 22
Whites 40% 46
White men 35% 51
White women 43% 43

There has also been an increase in the number of Obama voters who
are enthusiastic about him. 67% of Obama voters say they
enthusiastically support him; up from 48% before the convention.
About a quarter of McCain’s backers are enthusiastic about him –
unchanged from before he Democratic convention.

- - - - - - - - - -

Interesting, that's all. Looks like the key to election is in the
hands of independent voters. I'm not sure Palin is going to be much
help to McCain.

August 31, 2008
CNN Poll: Obama 49, McCain 48
Zogby Poll:

The latest nationwide survey, begun Friday afternoon after the McCain
announcement of Palin as running mate and completed mid-afternoon
today, shows McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for
Obama/Biden.

In other words, the race is a dead heat.

Gallup Daily: Obama Maintains 6-Point Lead, 49% to 43%McCain sees
2-point bump since Palin vice presidential announcement

The only poll that matters is on Nov. 4th, to quote the Messiah,
Osamabama.

Hehehe. Zogby is running "opt-in" polls these days. That means, he
sends out invitations to people to participate.

Nothing snide for Gallup or CNN?

I'm not a big believer in national polls anymore, but at least Gallup
and CNN and its partner run polls using traditional methodology, not by
picking and choosing among those who said, "yes, I'll sign up to be
polled" to the email invite. I get those.

We don't have a national election, as I am sure you know. The state
polls, whatever their flaws, are more relevant.

Oh...did you know Palin's husband has at least one DUI arrest?

It just gets better and better.- Hide quoted text -

Huh? The other day Gallup was no good.. Oh yeah, that's when McCain
was up by two.. wafa...
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sep 1, 5:22 pm, hk wrote:
Lu Powell wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:
. ..
CBS NEWS POLL
For release: Monday, September 1, 2008
4:00 PM EDT
[...]

Uh...did you happen to see the comment that I am not a big believer in
national polls?

No?

Didn't think so.

Try reading for content.
Senior Member

On Sep 1, 6:41*pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 1, 5:22 pm, hk wrote:
Lu Powell wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:
news:yfidnbfrn8GcyiHVnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d@comcast .com...
CBS NEWS POLL
For release: Monday, September 1, 2008
4:00 PM EDT
[...]

Try reading for content.- Hide quoted text -

You have no content, only harrytales and lobsta' boats...
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sep 1, 6:41 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 1, 5:22 pm, hk wrote:
Lu Powell wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Lu Powell wrote:
. ..
CBS NEWS POLL

On Sep 1, 5:53*pm, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Oh...did you know Palin's husband has at least one DUI arrest?

It just gets better and better.

I am getting sick.

Eisboch

Hey, McCain could have vetted Ms. Palin a little better, or picked
someone not from the cast of "Northern Exposure." If I were McCain, and
I thought someone from Alaska was needed, I would have picked Larry Csonka.- Hide quoted text -

Too bad Larry Csonka isn't from Alaska.

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 18:03:47 -0400, jim wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..

Oh...did you know Palin's husband has at least one DUI arrest?

It just gets better and better.

I am getting sick.

Eisboch

There is a cure for what's ailing you.

In Agent it's called a 'filter'.

--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]

Poll results shocking? Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 21st 08 02:27 PM
New poll results NOYB General 0 October 25th 04 03:45 PM