Senior Member

Default more drool from borowitz

On Aug 29, 10:49*pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 29, 9:35 pm, John H wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:42:32 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Aug 29, 6:38 pm, hk wrote:
Think of a horrific scenario...Next January President Bush leaves office and Barak Obama is president of
the United States.
Obama is not prepared and cannot be prepared, not for years. He is
starting at ground zero
Great minds think alike. Next time I'll read yours first!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

* * * * * John H

I may never be known as a great mind, but honest minds look at one and
one and see two, even if they would rather it be five....

You read that somewhere, right? Because neither you nor Herring are
intellectually honest. How could you be? Neither of you have an intellect..- Hide quoted text -

Wow, that was a good one harry... you are the man.. pfffftttt.. what a
looser...

"RG" wrote in message
news
good points snipped for brevity

It will certainly be interesting to see how the partnership of McCain and
Palin develops and how it gets sold to the American public. I'm guessing
it's likely to either be a huge success or a dismal failure. But at this
point, I see more than a glimmer of hope that it just might be exactly
what was needed.

Hmmmm. Thought provoking post and worth some consideration. It will be
interesting to see if this becomes the McCain/Palin ticket theme during the
remainder of the pre-election cycle. I'll certainly keep an open mind.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JimH" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 6:34 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
On Aug 29, 2:29 pm, wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:44 pm, hk wrote:

wrote:
More drool from andy..
You might have started out in your usual stupid way, saying "McCain
didn't say that
McCain is right though, Obama has NEVER run anything successfully. He
has NO executive experience at all. Palin is at least Governor and
has that experience.

Actually, Palin has more executive experience than Biden and Obama
combined. Obama bringing this up only shows his inexperience and lack
of knowledge.

She is totally completely uniquely unprepared to fill McCain's shoes in
an
instant if he is disabled or dies suddenly.

My feelings exactly. What the hell was he thinking?

Eisboch

Dem ticket - POTUS candidate has less than 200 days in the Senate with
no executive decision making experience and limited foreign policy
experience.

Rep ticket - POTUS candidate has over 25 years US Congress experience
with a running mate with 2 years executive experience as governor of
Alaska.

You think the Dem ticket is stronger?

Please explain.

To understand my opinion, you have to at least understand my personal
criteria for qualifications, right or wrong.

Repeating myself (my opinion) ..... the office of POTUS is primarily
responsible for national security, defense and issues of common interest
or affect on the union of 50 states. Simple as that.

Obama is weak in national security issue experience. He filled that void
with his choice of Biden. Otherwise, Obama has excellent qualities of
inspirational leadership, a trait very important in the melding of
divisive priorities and chaotic world events.

McCain is (arguably to some) strong in national security issues and has
years of experience in working the "system".
But, he is 72 years old. He should have picked a much more experienced,
seasoned VP, ready to take over in the event McCain becomes unable to
serve. Instead, he picked a very nice, interesting, newbie to politics
with absolutely no experience in dealing with high level, international
issues.

It's really a matter of common sense, to me, and has absolutely nothing to
do with being liberal or conservative.

Eisboch

I like the pick. May not have been the best, but was a very good pick. We
have had too many of the lots of government experience over the last 40
years. Look what it has got us. More of the same, and excess debt. At
least Palin is a fiscal conservative. May be a social conservative, but did
sign the bill for equal benefits for domestic partners in AK. So she has
common sense. The fact that the people of AK love her, says a lot. Large
state, small population that takes politics very seriously. Look at the
POTUS who have done fairly well over the last 60 years. Truman. Ran a
failed haberdashery. Ike. Was a General. but generals are very
politically savvy. Kennedy did not accomplish much as he let a short
career, but did get us going to space and probably would not have had Viet
Nam enlarged like LBJ did. Clinton was lucky, as he had a huge increase in
Revenue from the dod.bomb, but did not cause as much trouble as an
inexperienced POTUS would do under your reasoning. And he surrounded
himself with some crab advisors. Got us into the Balkans. Bad decision,
and killed a bunch of soldiers in Somalia from lack of experience and
support. Palin seems to be a fast learner and has common sense which is
very lacking in DC. Romy might have been a better pick for experience, but
did not enhance the ticket.

"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

[...]

You guys might be right. We'll watch, listen and see.

I admit to being a bit in awe of anyone who has the intestinal fortitude,
confidence and necessary ego to *want* to be POTUS. The inertia of politics
is so great that it takes years to effect significant change in terms of
internal social and economic programs. In a way, it's to our advantage
because the nation can afford an occasional screw-up and survive.

The global scene and interaction with other nations is a bit more real time
and demands much more difficult and timely decisions.

Eisboch

On Aug 29, 11:07*pm, wrote:
On Aug 29, 10:49*pm, hk wrote:

wrote:

On Aug 29, 6:38 pm, hk wrote:
Think of a horrific scenario...Next January President Bush leaves office and Barak Obama is president of
the United States.
Obama is not prepared and cannot be prepared, not for years. He is
starting at ground zero
Great minds think alike. Next time I'll read yours first!
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

* * * * * John H

I may never be known as a great mind, but honest minds look at one and
one and see two, even if they would rather it be five....

You read that somewhere, right? Because neither you nor Herring are
intellectually honest. How could you be? Neither of you have an intellect.- Hide quoted text -

Wow, that was a good one harry... you are the man.. pfffftttt.. what a
looser...- Hide quoted text -

WhooooooBOY!!! Harry questioning someone else's honesty!!!!!!!