BoatBanter.com

-   -   Early morning adventures (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97509-early-morning-adventures.html)

[email protected] August 29th 08 11:32 PM

Early morning adventures

On Aug 29, 6:26*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Richard Casady" wrote in message

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:52:57 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

By this time I am thinking, *"This is stupid. *What if the person in the
barn is armed?" * I looked around in the dark for anything I could use as
makeshift weapon .... piece of wood .... anything, but there was nothing.

Every nearly every farmer has a shotgun, traditionally a 12 gauge
double on nails over the kitchen door, handy to the barnyard and any
chicken hawks. Even in the Soviet Union at its most repressive,
farmers had a shotgun. Better get one. A pump or semiauto is good.

Casady

Obviously you didn't read my entire post.
Have one, but thanks for the advice.

Eisboch

Well, it was kinda' long...;) Kidding, pretty scarey stuff, hope
they find the guy...

DK August 30th 08 01:12 AM

Early morning adventures

Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left. Oh
..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a while.
People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

Eisboch August 30th 08 01:16 AM

Early morning adventures

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left.
Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a
while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

D.Duck August 30th 08 01:21 AM

Early morning adventures

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left.
Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a
while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

Starting a new business to haul the Elitists around?

DK August 30th 08 01:21 AM

Early morning adventures

UglyDan®©™ wrote:
wrote:
Laws aside, I don't think I'd be wanting to get into a gunfight with two
cops.

Quite true, With few exceptions most cops are lousy shots. UD

When I lived up north I hit a deer with my car - a rather common
occurrence in that area. I called the cops for a police report and when
he arrived the deer was laying by the tree line at the side of the road
- alive but in very bad shape. The cop pulled his 9MM (maybe a 10MM
back then) took aim and pulled the trigger. The deer flinched and
cowered. It was a 10 yard shot at best. I offered to help but the cop
declined - and was embarrassed/****ed at the missed shot. The 2nd shot
put the deer out of his misery.

After the paperwork was done, he asked me if I was taking the deer.
While I was telling him "no" a pickup rolled up and a guy asked me if he
could have it. The cop said "it's your deer". I told him to take it
and politely declined his request to load the bloody animal into his truck.

Eisboch August 30th 08 01:31 AM

Early morning adventures

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

So that's how you acquired your car collection. 8)

Very funny. Ha Ha

I've been selling off most of them. Just have the Goat, Porsche left.
Oh ..... one "new" addition, but I think I'll keep that a secret for a
while. People would definitely think I need to be committed.

Eisboch

Italian, huh?

No, but certainly could have been previously Mafia owned. :-)

http://www.eisboch.com/caddy2.jpg

Eisboch

Starting a new business to haul the Elitists around?

Yup.

Actually, my son and I bought this together just for kicks. Obviously it's
used, but in excellent shape and we got it at a bargain price.

I've checked into the permit, license, insurance and registration
requirements and am half thinking of doing a local only limo service. No
airport runs or drunken prom nights. Anniversary dinners, special
occasions, funerals .... ooopps.... scratch that....
Was also thinking of the marina. Many transient boaters come in for the
weekend and need transportation to local restaurants, etc.

Not really interested in making money at it. Just bored and figured it
would be something different to do once or twice a week.

We'll see.

Eisboch

JimH[_2_] August 30th 08 01:43 AM

Early morning adventures

On Aug 29, 8:31*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"DK" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
news:idydnSf6nPRldyrVnZ2dnUVZ_qHinZ2d@giganews .com...

[...]

Good for you. A car in every garage.........the American dream.

How many garages do you have? ;-)

D.Duck August 30th 08 01:49 AM

Early morning adventures

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"DK" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

[...]

Run a background check on all potential customers. My BIL used to be in the
business and he came across some real winners.

He had the contract to provide service for Silver Springs, a local amusement
attraction in Ocala, and the entertainers that performed there on the
weekend. Moving them from either the Orlando or Ocala airport to the venue.
Sometimes one of his drivers would not show and he'd come to me to be a
driver. Over years I hauled, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Charlie Pride, "The
Killer" (there was a real winner), Kenny Rogers and few others whose names
escape me at the moment.

Most of these guys were old when I was doing it about ten years ago. Now of
course they're allot older and some have departed.

It was interesting.

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] August 30th 08 02:30 AM

Early morning adventures

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:31:32 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I've checked into the permit, license, insurance and registration
requirements and am half thinking of doing a local only limo service. No
airport runs or drunken prom nights. Anniversary dinners, special
occasions, funerals .... ooopps.... scratch that....
Was also thinking of the marina. Many transient boaters come in for the
weekend and need transportation to local restaurants, etc.

Dude - that is way cool. You know I've never had a ride in a
limousine? Seriously.

One of the local guys here in town does exactly what you propose only
he uses his stable of antique cars - '36 Ford something or other
convertible, '56 Caddy limo, a '29 Rolls Royce Phantom and a '62
Lincoln Mark convertible - can't remember the Mark - maybe a IV?

Anyway, he does it as a hobby and has a bird dog at the Woodstock Inn
where a lot of these anniversary/wedding/occasions are held. Makes
enough money to keep his antiques in mint condition, doesn't require a
lot of time/effort and he gets to drive his really cool car collection
around. :)

Side bar: When I had my '50 International L-110, there was a movie
shoot in Putnam. My truck and a few others of early '50s vintage were
used as props for a couple of scenes.

Made $2,500 for not even driving around - just parking it and watching
the scene being shot.

Pretty cool.

John H[_3_] August 30th 08 02:30 AM

Early morning adventures

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:43:07 -0700 (PDT), JimH wrote:

On Aug 29, 8:31*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"DK" wrote in message
om...
Eisboch wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
[...]

Why would that be important to you, Jimh?

The Green Monster rearing its ugly head again?
--
*****Have a Spectacular Day!*****

John H