BoatBanter.com

-   -   Not as simple as it seems (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97498-not-simple-seems.html)

Eisboch August 29th 08 02:08 AM

Not as simple as it seems

Here's a good example of why "change" is not always easy to accomplish ....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/...fety_conflicts

Eisboch

[email protected] August 29th 08 11:54 AM

Not as simple as it seems

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:08:51 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Here's a good example of why "change" is not always easy to accomplish

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/...fety_conflicts

Eisboch

Interesting, but are the changes anymore difficult than right/left
steering? It seems to me, changing the side the steering wheel is on is
considerably more difficult than changing the color of turn indicators.

Eisboch August 29th 08 12:03 PM

Not as simple as it seems

wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:08:51 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Here's a good example of why "change" is not always easy to accomplish

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/...fety_conflicts

Eisboch

Interesting, but are the changes anymore difficult than right/left
steering? It seems to me, changing the side the steering wheel is on is
considerably more difficult than changing the color of turn indicators.

I think the problem is the many different standards required, depending on
the country the vehicle is to be used and the detailed safety standard
differences. You have to consider that the basic design of the auto is only
part of the process. The manufacturers also have to design the production
line details, component feed systems, robotics, etc.

If the requirements are standardized, the costs will be reduced.
It takes the auto manufacturers about 5 years to introduce a totally new
design, including the manufacturing procedures.

Eisboch

HK August 29th 08 12:44 PM

Not as simple as it seems

wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:08:51 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Here's a good example of why "change" is not always easy to accomplish

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/...fety_conflicts

Eisboch

Interesting, but are the changes anymore difficult than right/left
steering? It seems to me, changing the side the steering wheel is on is
considerably more difficult than changing the color of turn indicators.

American manufacturers like to whine.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

[email protected] August 29th 08 02:19 PM

Not as simple as it seems

On Aug 29, 7:44*am, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:08:51 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Here's a good example of why "change" is not always easy to accomplish

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/...fety_conflicts

Eisboch

Interesting, but are the changes anymore difficult than right/left
steering? *It seems to me, changing the side the steering wheel is on is
considerably more difficult than changing the color of turn indicators.

American manufacturers like to whine.

--
No way, no how, no McCain!

Is there ANYTHING you like about the U.S.A.?