BoatBanter.com

-   -   Marine machining (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97428-marine-machining.html)

[email protected] August 27th 08 03:51 AM

Marine machining

Some of my employees want to buy a 4 axis CNC mill that they would put
in my facility. I would have a share of this for giving them space.
They have one customer lined up to make unusual pistol grips but they
need more. So, I have been considering things near to my heart like
sailign but cannot come up with anything suitable for the level of
precision thye will have. Anybody have any ideas for something thy
could machine having to do with boats? They will also have access to
our electroplating stuff

HK August 27th 08 04:05 AM

Marine machining

wrote:
Some of my employees want to buy a 4 axis CNC mill that they would put
in my facility. I would have a share of this for giving them space.
They have one customer lined up to make unusual pistol grips but they
need more. So, I have been considering things near to my heart like
sailign but cannot come up with anything suitable for the level of
precision thye will have. Anybody have any ideas for something thy
could machine having to do with boats? They will also have access to
our electroplating stuff

Fittings that will actually hold the keel on the bottom of the sailboat?

Wayne.B August 27th 08 06:14 AM

Marine machining

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:51:17 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Some of my employees want to buy a 4 axis CNC mill that they would put
in my facility. I would have a share of this for giving them space.
They have one customer lined up to make unusual pistol grips but they
need more. So, I have been considering things near to my heart like
sailign but cannot come up with anything suitable for the level of
precision thye will have. Anybody have any ideas for something thy
could machine having to do with boats? They will also have access to
our electroplating stuff

How about an internet based custom machining business? Customer sends
in detailed specs with a deposit, you validate the design and send
them back a quote with a build contract.