BoatBanter.com

-   -   towing a tube with pontoon boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97403-towing-tube-pontoon-boat.html)

MMC August 26th 08 04:18 PM

towing a tube with pontoon boat

I've checked the net and haven't found any info on rigging a pontoon for
towing a tube. I've got a 1997 21' Tracker.
I could go "all the way" and have a post built, but besides the boat bucks,
I'm thinking the post and support legs would take up valuable real estate on
the aft deck and just be in the way most of the time.
Don't want to have a bridle completely in the water and more than likely
foul the prop at the most inopportune time.
Kids are getting a little too old to be entertained by just a boat ride.
Any ideas?
Merlin

[email protected] August 26th 08 05:42 PM

On Aug 26, 11:18*am, "mmc" wrote:
I've checked the net and haven't found any info on rigging a pontoon for
towing a tube. I've got a 1997 21' Tracker.
*I could go "all the way" and have a post built, but besides the boat bucks,
I'm thinking the post and support legs would take up valuable real estate on
the aft deck and just be in the way most of the time.
Don't want to have a bridle completely in the water and more than likely
foul the prop at the most inopportune time.
Kids are getting a little too old to be entertained by just a boat ride.
Any ideas?
Merlin

You're about out of possibilities if the tow post and bridle are out
of the picture.

Since I bought mine used, it doesn't have a tow post, so I've used a
bridle for the last few years. I've never had it foul the prop, but
I'm also aware when it's out and take a second to look at the
situation before going into gear. It floats so it's really not that
bad. With everything else you need to be aware of when towing someone
on a water toy or skis, it's a very minor inconvenience.

[email protected] August 26th 08 05:48 PM

On Aug 26, 11:18*am, "mmc" wrote:
I've checked the net and haven't found any info on rigging a pontoon for
towing a tube. I've got a 1997 21' Tracker.
*I could go "all the way" and have a post built, but besides the boat bucks,
I'm thinking the post and support legs would take up valuable real estate on
the aft deck and just be in the way most of the time.
Don't want to have a bridle completely in the water and more than likely
foul the prop at the most inopportune time.
Kids are getting a little too old to be entertained by just a boat ride.
Any ideas?
Merlin

Just make sure you have a float on the bridle and keep an eye on it.

It's not totally impossible to tow from one corner. You just have to
correct for the pull. Try it and see.