BoatBanter.com

-   -   What NOT to do - boat lift video (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97366-what-not-do-boat-lift-video.html)

Chuck August 25th 08 03:04 AM

What NOT to do - boat lift video

A very short what not to do video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dBKSdDj3I I still can't believe it.

Chuck

Wayne.B August 25th 08 03:11 AM

What NOT to do - boat lift video

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 02:04:31 GMT, "Chuck" wrote:

A very short what not to do video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dBKSdDj3I I still can't believe it.

The lift is totally screwed up as you are probably well aware. Do you
have any recourse with the builder or was it assembled by a previous
owner? It's hard to believe a professional would have done it that
way.

Eisboch August 25th 08 03:28 AM

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 02:04:31 GMT, "Chuck" wrote:

A very short what not to do video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dBKSdDj3I I still can't believe it.

The lift is totally screwed up as you are probably well aware. Do you
have any recourse with the builder or was it assembled by a previous
owner? It's hard to believe a professional would have done it that
way.

My first reaction was that somebody put this thing together without reading
the instructions.

Eisboch

Don White August 25th 08 04:46 AM

"Chuck" wrote in message
A very short what not to do video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dBKSdDj3I I still can't believe it.

Chuck

The second lift bar? seems to be installed upside down.
There is a hole that seems in the right place to run the moving cable
through.
I'd try to find another installation with the same brand/model hardware and
compare to yours.
What you show here is obviously installed wrong.

Larry August 25th 08 06:01 AM

What NOT to do - boat lift video

"Eisboch" wrote in
:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 02:04:31 GMT, "Chuck" wrote:

A very short what not to do video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dBKSdDj3I I still can't believe it.

The lift is totally screwed up as you are probably well aware. Do
you have any recourse with the builder or was it assembled by a
previous owner? It's hard to believe a professional would have done
it that way.

My first reaction was that somebody put this thing together without
reading the instructions.

Eisboch

I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!
I'm NOT going to waste another 4 hours on You Tube!

.....awwww crap! There's a couple I haven't seen, yet!

Jere Lull August 25th 08 10:08 AM

On 2008-08-24 23:46:03 -0400, "Don White" said:

"Chuck" wrote in message
A very short what not to do video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9dBKSdDj3I I still can't believe it.

Chuck

snip seems to be installed upside down.

That well may be. I am not inclined to go back and watch the video
again as it was SO screwed up, but what I saw was obviously not going
to last very long.

--
Jere Lull