BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hey Jaffa Gene... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/97251-re-hey-jaffa-gene.html)

RMR August 19th 08 02:20 PM

Hey Jaffa Gene...

Hey Gene, do you also block email coming to you from google?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:58:32 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 01:16:19 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|I was just poking around your web site and saw the Kearny and Trecker
|mills.
|
|I didn't know any of those critters still lived. :)
|
|My Uncle Dan was Chief Engineer for K&T during the 50/60's and was
|involved in the development of their push prop float plane - can't
|remember the model of it.

Yep, I have two of the old guys.... A Model "D" #2 (this one is a bit
rare) and a Model "H" 2 Plain.

I don't think K&T ever had their "own" aircraft. In the early to mid
60's they assembled Piaggio's P.136L-1 s and L-2s under the corporate
names "Trecker Gull" and "Super Gull."

They looked sorta like this:
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1085300/

I suspect that most of those aircraft are either retired or had a
field approved engine change. The original Franklin and Lycoming
engines were orphaned by their respective companies...