BoatBanter.com

-   -   Getting water out carburetor (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/96614-getting-water-out-carburetor.html)

[email protected] August 2nd 08 06:13 PM

Getting water out carburetor

I accidentally put a can of gas with too much water into my gas
supply.
This is a 1993 Suzuki 15. Gas filter appears to be impossible to get
at.
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the water out without
being able to start the engine?

Richard Casady August 2nd 08 06:59 PM

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:13:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I accidentally put a can of gas with too much water into my gas
supply.
This is a 1993 Suzuki 15. Gas filter appears to be impossible to get
at.
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the water out without
being able to start the engine?

Pour in a bunch of alcohol. Best buy is methanol at the race track.
Sprint and Indy cars burn the stuff. Fairly cheap. Then crank it over
for a long time and try to pump the stuff through the system. If you
ever solve the current problem, put in a filter you can get at ahead
of the one you can't reach.

Casady