BoatBanter.com

-   -   Homebuilt vs Manufactured boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/96491-homebuilt-vs-manufactured-boat.html)

[email protected] July 27th 08 09:29 PM

Homebuilt vs Manufactured boat

My brother in law has a "Crownline" or some similar name boat about
22' long and snow over the winter collapsed a shelter and broke the
windshield AND frame. He ordered a new one and it cost over $3000.
We tried to install it but the holes did not line up and being worried
about causing further damage he decided to get a pro to do it.
Now, if this was my homebuilt Tolman, it would be no problem and I
would not hesitate to do the work. Am not sure what this says but I
really like being able to fix my own stuff.