BoatBanter.com

-   -   boat engine props (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/96043-boat-engine-props.html)

[email protected] July 10th 08 10:52 PM

boat engine props

hi 2002 2452 bayliner 300hp 5l alpha leg what is my best prop 2 people
not much gear rshicthanks

jamesgangnc July 11th 08 12:43 PM

boat engine props

wrote in message
hi 2002 2452 bayliner 300hp 5l alpha leg what is my best prop 2 people
not much gear rshicthanks

It's not likely that anyone can recomend a prop over the internet very well.
Typically it requires some experimentation based on how the boats performs
with the existing prop. One thing to make sure is that the boat engine and
trim is otherwise up to snuff. Many local marinas/outfitters will have a
try before you buy program that will let you try several props before
settling on one.

Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_3_] July 12th 08 02:18 AM

boat engine props

what prop and what is max rpm now. IMO on a large boat bigger diameter is
better. Who owns a 24ft boat with only 2 people aboard?