BoatBanter.com

-   -   Old Volvo (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/95848-old-volvo.html)

LdB July 4th 08 12:29 AM

Old Volvo

Looking at a semi vintage boat 1968 with a Volvo Penta 130 Engine.
Model: AQ130C / 250. Fresh water use only running condition.

Are parts still available for an I/O of this age?

LdB

Bob July 4th 08 05:16 AM

Old Volvo

:
:Are parts still available for an I/O of this age?
:
:LdB

I can't speak for the 250 outdrive, but most parts are readily
available for the AQ130C engine, albeit not always cheap. The AQ130C
is a workhorse engine if not run too hard and maintained properly. I'm
running a rebuilt AQ130C in a 1972 17' runabout...the boat has never
performed better than it does now.

LdB July 7th 08 02:41 AM

Old Volvo

Bob wrote:
In article ,
LdB wrote:
:Looking at a semi vintage boat 1968 with a Volvo Penta 130 Engine.
:Model: AQ130C / 250. Fresh water use only running condition.
:
:Are parts still available for an I/O of this age?
:
:LdB

I can't speak for the 250 outdrive, but most parts are readily
available for the AQ130C engine, albeit not always cheap. The AQ130C
is a workhorse engine if not run too hard and maintained properly. I'm
running a rebuilt AQ130C in a 1972 17' runabout...the boat has never
performed better than it does now.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

LdB

Bob July 7th 08 04:04 PM

Old Volvo

In article ,
LdB wrote:
:Bob wrote:
: In article ,
: LdB wrote:
: :Looking at a semi vintage boat 1968 with a Volvo Penta 130 Engine.
: :Model: AQ130C / 250. Fresh water use only running condition.
: :
: :Are parts still available for an I/O of this age?
: :
: :LdB
:
: I can't speak for the 250 outdrive, but most parts are readily
: available for the AQ130C engine, albeit not always cheap. The AQ130C
: is a workhorse engine if not run too hard and maintained properly. I'm
: running a rebuilt AQ130C in a 1972 17' runabout...the boat has never
: performed better than it does now.
:
:Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
:
:LdB

Welcome. If you need any advice on your Volvo engine/outdrive, might I
suggest you visit the Volvo Penta forum on MarineEngine.com. Lots of
freindly, very knowledgeable people the

http://www.marineengine.com/discus/m...87/12487.shtml

John H.[_4_] July 7th 08 04:19 PM

Old Volvo

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:04:42 +0000 (UTC), (Bob) wrote:

In article ,
LdB wrote:
:Bob wrote:
: In article ,
[...]