BoatBanter.com

-   -   For Prospective New Members Here.................... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/95698-re-prospective-new-members-here.html)

HK July 5th 08 03:22 PM

For Prospective New Members Here....................

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:56:03 -0400, (N.L. Eckert) wrote:

My first visit here an a number of months and I see its still the same.
I can actually recall when there were many good posts about boats and
navigation, etc. I sorta retired from boating and willed my beloved
Bayliner to my son with the warning to not go to REC. BOATING if he
wanted advice. Its a shame because it used to be a great place to
discuss boating in general with a lot of congenial people.

Happy boating, Norm

Your first visit is on a weekend, normally a very slow time for rec.boats.
Come back during a weekday, filter the few troublemakers, and talk boating.
Most of the same folks that have good advice are still around and will
answer a serious question. And, there's a whole potfull of congenial people
around!

If you filter out the Seven Dwarfs, of which Herring is captain, it can
be pleasant in here.

JimH[_2_] July 5th 08 03:30 PM

On Jul 5, 9:56*am, (N.L. Eckert) wrote:
My first visit here an a number of months and I see its still the same.
I can actually recall when there were many good posts about boats and
navigation, *etc. *I sorta retired from boating and willed my beloved
Bayliner to my son with the warning to not *go to *REC. BOATING if he
wanted advice. * Its a shame because it used to be a great place to
discuss boating in general with a lot of congenial people. *

Happy boating, *Norm

Sadly enough.....you are correct Norm.

Sorry to hear you are out of boating.

JimH[_2_] July 5th 08 03:30 PM

On Jul 5, 10:10*am, wrote:
On Jul 5, 9:56*am, (N.L. Eckert) wrote:

My first visit here an a number of months and I see its still the same.
I can actually recall when there were many good posts about boats and
navigation, *etc. *I sorta retired from boating and willed my beloved
Bayliner to my son with the warning to not *go to *REC. BOATING if he
wanted advice. * Its a shame because it used to be a great place to
discuss boating in general with a lot of congenial people. *

Happy boating, *Norm

You can't have it both ways.. Thanks for your support.... *pffffttt...

You just proved his point Scott.