Default I can't believe it

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:14:00 GMT, "Rudy" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote
In that case, maybe you can help me. It's A Rheem Criterion II with
White-Rodgers controls.
When the thermo demands heat the inducer and main blower both immediately
kick on, bit the ignitor never glows..snip
But I was saving that money for a boat. What boat did you buy?

Good AC question Vic, if thats what went on in Alt.hvac that would be great,
but...
I got a 2004 SunTracker PB21 Pontoon boat with a 60 HP Merc O/B..like this:
http://www.suntrackerboats.com/boat/....cfm?boat=2916

perfect for the 100 mile long lake here
http://bcadventure.com/adventure/boating/ok/oklrglk.htm
http://www.okmapguides.com/photogallery/index.htm

Now that looks like a beautiful place for boating, and the boat to do it
with also!

wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote
In that case, maybe you can help me. It's A Rheem Criterion II with
White-Rodgers controls.
When the thermo demands heat the inducer and main blower both immediately
kick on, bit the ignitor never glows..snip
But I was saving that money for a boat. What boat did you buy?

Good AC question Vic, if thats what went on in Alt.hvac that would be great,
but...
I got a 2004 SunTracker PB21 Pontoon boat with a 60 HP Merc O/B..like this:
http://www.suntrackerboats.com/boat/....cfm?boat=2916

perfect for the 100 mile long lake here
http://bcadventure.com/adventure/boating/ok/oklrglk.htm
http://www.okmapguides.com/photogallery/index.htm

Wow. Nice boat, and nice location too.

--Vic

Thanks guys, I retired in Arizona for about 5 years but no water in the
neighborhood. Moved up here to Canada to be in Semi-desert (its 97 o here
today, but humidity is only 34%) and next to the BIG lake..Boat is due in
next month..(pacing back and forth..Waiting) I see 54 boats out there right
now but theres lots of room yet

Its still AZ in the Winter.

Wow. Nice boat, and nice location too.

--Vic

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:49:06 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

Thanks guys, I retired in Arizona for about 5 years but no water in the
neighborhood. Moved up here to Canada to be in Semi-desert (its 97 o here
today, but humidity is only 34%) and next to the BIG lake..Boat is due in
next month..(pacing back and forth..Waiting) I see 54 boats out there right
now but theres lots of room yet

Its still AZ in the Winter.

Would have never thought any place in BC to be semi-desert.
But I don't get around much.
Took a driving/camping trip out west about 20 years ago and Arizona
surprised me then. We camped by Lyman lake in the park there and I
never knew Arizona had such a lake until we pulled in.
I was just following along with the campground guide.
Besides that, as we pulled in a guy was wrestling the biggest Northern
Pike I've ever seen - taking it across the road to the Ranger station.
I would NEVER have thought to see such in Arizona.
The Northern went 25 pounds easily.
Pure fishing shock.
Now you've given me desert shock.
Cool.

--Vic

wrote:

[...]

I had a brother who lived in Richland, WA. Pure desert out there. Where
Rudy's talking about is north of there. Google maps shows what the area
looks like pretty well with the satellite view.

"Rudy" wrote in message

The trouble with this group is...any newcomers interested in boating
quickly
run off to greener pastures.
The ones looking to instigate, agitate and facilitate etc. stay and
align themselves with major john and the 7 dwarfs.

I'm new here and would like to stay Don but I can't even figure out
"where to start" when it comes to KF
I'm hoping to get 'brought up to date' with boating info on this NG by
those in the know since I've really been out of boating for 20-25 years
and just bought a new(to me) boat.
The HE SAID, YOU SAID, LOOGY SAID, with TOO LONG snippy messages quoted
wholly and repeatedly I can do without.
This NG comes a close second to the alt.hvac when it comes to "less than
helpful" posts and I hear that one is being shut down...no loss.

I used to recommend going over to 'Chucks Place', but a lot of the Dwarf
Army now travels over there to wreck that spot out of petty jealously.
Ask your questions, but avoid the garbage threads. Not worth your time.

.. retired in Arizona for about 5 years but no water in the
neighborhood. Moved up here to Canada to be in Semi-desert

Would have never thought any place in BC to be semi-desert.
But I don't get around much.

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/SightsA...onOkanagan.htm

The "next best" desert to AZ. IMO. Think "Flag" with a 100 mile long lake
right there. Its the fastest growing area for the rich & retired to head in
Canada for great weather (hot but no humidity to speak of and NO SUMMER BUGS
or biters) boating and recreation (and Winter skiing if you stick around)
That said, its probably experiencing the fastest growing prices for land,
lots and waterfront in Canada..lucky we got in some years back, I couldnt
afford to buy my house now.

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 04:32:31 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

.. retired in Arizona for about 5 years but no water in the
neighborhood. Moved up here to Canada to be in Semi-desert

Would have never thought any place in BC to be semi-desert.
But I don't get around much.

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/SightsA...onOkanagan.htm

The "next best" desert to AZ. IMO. Think "Flag" with a 100 mile long lake
right there. Its the fastest growing area for the rich & retired to head in
Canada for great weather (hot but no humidity to speak of and NO SUMMER BUGS
or biters) boating and recreation (and Winter skiing if you stick around)
That said, its probably experiencing the fastest growing prices for land,
lots and waterfront in Canada..lucky we got in some years back, I couldnt
afford to buy my house now.

Sometimes timing is everything. Same thing happened to me with the
house I live in. Same with the first house. Wacky market now.
That lake nestled in the mountains is sure pretty.
Do you fish? What kind of fish in the lake?

--Vic

Sometimes timing is everything. Same thing happened to me with the
house I live in. Same with the first house. Wacky market now.

Same thing happened in Tucson AZ in 1998-2003..did well on that one too

That lake nestled in the mountains is sure pretty.
Do you fish? What kind of fish in the lake?

Rainbows 1- 2 ft and Kokanee around 12-16" Vic but there a hundred or so
smaller lakes up in the mountains an hour or 3's drive away where the
fishing is a lot better. We don't really have those "Eastern" fish ( pike
perch bass specks etc) west of the Rockies here. Pretty well just trout:
rainbows, some Eastern ? Brook trout, Kokanee and Dolly Varden where we go
fishin'. On one lake where a friend has a log home, its not so much a
challenge to hook a nice big rainbow but to get it into the boat before a
Loon http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/wildlife/loons/ swims under the boat and steals
it off your line ! :-((

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:01:54 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

Rainbows 1- 2 ft and Kokanee around 12-16" Vic but there a hundred or so
smaller lakes up in the mountains an hour or 3's drive away where the
fishing is a lot better. We don't really have those "Eastern" fish ( pike
perch bass specks etc) west of the Rockies here. Pretty well just trout:
rainbows, some Eastern ? Brook trout, Kokanee and Dolly Varden where we go
fishin'. On one lake where a friend has a log home, its not so much a
challenge to hook a nice big rainbow but to get it into the boat before a
Loon http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/wildlife/loons/ swims under the boat and steals
it off your line ! :-((

Sounds great. Don't think I ever ate trout, but heard they are good.
Never knew loons did that, but makes perfect sense.
I've had gulls go after my minnow when I cast it, but they always
missed. My uncle actually had a ten minute tussle with a gull that
hooked itself when he cast a minnow. Heard that story often enough.
There was the occasional loon where I fished as a kid, and I enjoyed
hearing them early in the morning. Don't think they were as pretty as
the one in the link, and I think my gramps called them mud ducks, but
I might be wrong. Never saw one up close, as they stayed way off from
the boat.
Last year there was some type of bird that was doing the loon
reappearing act off the Sunshine Skyway fishing pier where I was
fishing. First time I saw that there. Maybe there's a salt water
version. Looked like the loons I'd seen in fresh water.
The pelicans on the Skyway piers have a habit of flying low by the
pier and snagging themselves on fishing lines. Saw a guy struggling
to free one that had snagged his line and he had reeled in.
It was tangled mess, and had the hook in it, but he said he would
handle it and I moved on. I got the impression it wasn't the first he
snagged.
Couple times they winged my line but thankfully got loose.
One settled down in the water with my line around a wing and as I
tightened it a bit he freed himself and took off. That was a relief.
Those are big birds with hard beaks.
They actually have a few signs on the pier now showing you what to do
if you pull one in.

--Vic