BoatBanter.com

-   -   So, would you call the cops? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/95572-so-would-you-call-cops.html)

[email protected] June 23rd 08 10:43 PM

So, would you call the cops?

If you saw 10 people in a 14 foot boat? I might even turn to a rat,
especially if there were kids on board. What would you do?

Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_3_] June 23rd 08 10:53 PM

So, would you call the cops?

you can't fix stupid, let it sink!

Calif Bill June 23rd 08 11:10 PM

So, would you call the cops?

wrote in message
If you saw 10 people in a 14 foot boat? I might even turn to a rat,
especially if there were kids on board. What would you do?

I would call the local gendarmes. Having found a 2 week old body (fell off
a dock and conked his head) I would work to avoid someone else having to
find a floater. Plus adds fuel to new boating laws.

kipmc4 June 23rd 08 11:19 PM

So, would you call the cops?

On Jun 23, 3:10*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

If you saw 10 people in a 14 foot boat? I might even turn to a rat,
especially if there were kids on board. What would you do?

I would call the local gendarmes. *Having found a 2 week old body (fell off
a dock and conked his head) I would work to avoid someone else having to
find a floater. *Plus adds fuel to new boating laws.

I would first pull up to them and let them know that you "Just saw the
harbor patrol heading this way, "The fine would be very large"

BTW You are not being a rat just a responsible boater.

Larry June 24th 08 04:59 AM

So, would you call the cops?

wrote in news:4b537af3-c142-4785-85a8-
:

If you saw 10 people in a 14 foot boat? I might even turn to a rat,
especially if there were kids on board. What would you do?

I do all the time. The SC DNR Gestapo, local police and CG Group
Charleston are pre-programmed into my sellphone memory for easy access.

Whatever you do, don't ask some dumbass redneck if he knows those 4 year
old toddlers can cost him $500/each if the DNR catches them ANYWHERE NEAR A
BOAT without a PROPER SIZED PFD on them.....even at anchor.

They just get mad and won't take the hint.

I report little kids behind a runabout in a tube with no PFD on all the
time. Local response has been quite good. It's bad enough the stupid
adults don't think about the little kids getting dumped out in the river
LOADED WITH BIG ALLIGATORS while they go around to retrieve them....but
without a PFD is simply child abuse.

Many adults should be involuntarily sterilized after their first citation
so they don't exacerbate the problem with more inbreeding.