BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT - Help to translation - :-) (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/94081-ot-help-translation.html)

NewsGroups April 23rd 08 05:42 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

I´m running a website with used/secondhand boat in Scandinavien.

I´m starting a section where the sellers can choose to show that they might
be interested in taking fx. a bigger boat or a sportscar or an apartement
or...... as part of the sale.

But what do you call that in english?

Exchange with a bigger boat... ?? or whats the words for it ?

Thanks in advance -

Per Krabbe / Denmark

[email protected] April 23rd 08 06:27 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

On Apr 23, 12:42*pm, "NewsGroups" spørg@først wrote:
I´m running a website with used/secondhand boat in Scandinavien.

I´m starting a section where the sellers can choose to show that they might
be interested in taking fx. a bigger boat or a sportscar or an apartement
or...... as part of the sale.

But what do you call that in english?

Exchange with a bigger boat... ?? or whats the words for it ?

Thanks in advance -

Per Krabbe / Denmark

The word you are looking for is "barter" which means to excange goods
and or services for goods or services. Usually, we understand it to
mean an exchange that does not involve money...

NewsGroups April 23rd 08 06:38 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

The word you are looking for is "barter" which means to excange goods
and or services for goods or services. Usually, we understand it to
mean an exchange that does not involve money...

Ok - but there will be money involved many of the times - as most probally
wants to exchange there big boat with a small boat or visa versa.....

Then the word should be exchange ? Right ?

regards
Per Krabbe

[email protected] April 23rd 08 07:08 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

On Apr 23, 1:38*pm, "NewsGroups" spørg@først wrote:
The word you are looking for is "barter" which means to excange goods

and or services for goods or services. Usually, we understand it to
mean an exchange that does not involve money...

Ok - but there will be money involved many of the times - as most probally
wants to exchange there big boat with a small boat or visa versa.....

Then the word should be exchange ? Right ?

regards
Per Krabbe

No, I still say barter. I said "usually" no money exchanged but it is
not always that way.. If the op does a google on barter groups he will
probably find sites like he is planning...

NewsGroups April 23rd 08 07:44 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

Exchange wouldn't be the right word. Perhaps,

For sale, [big boat], asking $$$$$.$$, will consider taking [small
boat] in trade.

Ok - 2 things could it then be:

Sailboat 45f - asking 250000$
Consider trading with - [small boat]

and the menu for reaching the page could be:

- Consider trading

or does that make "no sense" ?

regards
per

NewsGroups April 23rd 08 07:45 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

No, I still say barter. I said "usually" no money exchanged but it is
not always that way.. If the op does a google on barter groups he will
probably find sites like he is planning...

What do you think about the suggestion below.... Consider trading...?

Per

[email protected] April 24th 08 04:50 PM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

On Apr 23, 2:45*pm, "NewsGroups" spørg@først wrote:
No, I still say barter. I said "usually" no money exchanged but it is

not always that way.. If the op does a google on barter groups he will
probably find sites like he is planning...

What do you think about the suggestion below.... Consider trading...?

Per

Yes, "trading" could also be used there, it would also be a good tag
for the site.

Are you Per Corell? Have not seen you in a while if that's you..

NewsGroups April 25th 08 08:26 AM

OT - Help to translation - :-)

skrev i en meddelelse

Are you Per Corell? Have not seen you in a while if that's you..

Sorry not - I´m Per Krabbe from Denmark - :-)

regards
Per