BoatBanter.com

-   -   This is the first really significant political news of the season (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/92027-first-really-significant-political-news-season.html)

[email protected] March 9th 08 06:29 PM

This is the first really significant political news of the season

On Mar 9, 2:26*pm, wrote:
On Mar 9, 2:21*pm, wrote:

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:27:42 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:
Let me make it clear, if you redistrict in Texas, Tom Delay gets thrown
out, if you do in Ohio, it is just fine, you will be rewarded
accordingly. Like Jefferson.. It is the way of your party.

If I'm not mistaken, redistricting is mandated by law, one man, one
vote. *There will be lots of redistricting going on after the 2010
census. *It gets dicey when the party in power's only criteria is to
maintain that power, but both parties are guilty. One of the complaints
about the Texas redistricting, was that it wasn't done because of a
recent census, but because the Republicans had just taken power. *

And why do you think it was done in Ohio? The only difference is how
the two partys find themselves accountable.. or in the case of the
democratic party....

Oh well, no more politics for me for a while..

BAR March 10th 08 01:14 AM

wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:27:42 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

Let me make it clear, if you redistrict in Texas, Tom Delay gets thrown
out, if you do in Ohio, it is just fine, you will be rewarded
accordingly. Like Jefferson.. It is the way of your party.

If I'm not mistaken, redistricting is mandated by law, one man, one
vote. There will be lots of redistricting going on after the 2010
census. It gets dicey when the party in power's only criteria is to
maintain that power, but both parties are guilty. One of the complaints
about the Texas redistricting, was that it wasn't done because of a
recent census, but because the Republicans had just taken power.

North Carolina may still have the district that goes the width of an
interstate for about 80 miles.

John H.[_3_] March 10th 08 02:37 AM

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:14:31 -0400, BAR wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:27:42 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

Let me make it clear, if you redistrict in Texas, Tom Delay gets thrown
out, if you do in Ohio, it is just fine, you will be rewarded
accordingly. Like Jefferson.. It is the way of your party.

If I'm not mistaken, redistricting is mandated by law, one man, one
vote. There will be lots of redistricting going on after the 2010
census. It gets dicey when the party in power's only criteria is to
maintain that power, but both parties are guilty. One of the complaints
about the Texas redistricting, was that it wasn't done because of a
recent census, but because the Republicans had just taken power.

North Carolina may still have the district that goes the width of an
interstate for about 80 miles.

Speaking of interstates, when can you make a trip down I95 to play
Quantico?
--
John

BAR March 10th 08 11:26 AM

wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:27:42 -0700, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:

Let me make it clear, if you redistrict in Texas, Tom Delay gets thrown
out, if you do in Ohio, it is just fine, you will be rewarded
accordingly. Like Jefferson.. It is the way of your party.
If I'm not mistaken, redistricting is mandated by law, one man, one
vote. There will be lots of redistricting going on after the 2010
census. It gets dicey when the party in power's only criteria is to
maintain that power, but both parties are guilty. One of the complaints
about the Texas redistricting, was that it wasn't done because of a
recent census, but because the Republicans had just taken power.

North Carolina may still have the district that goes the width of an
interstate for about 80 miles.

Speaking of interstates, when can you make a trip down I95 to play
Quantico?

When it gets a little warmer. I would like to go in April, when it might
be in the 40's at 8:00 AM instead of the 25 it is now.

John H.[_3_] March 10th 08 03:49 PM

wrote:
[...]

When frozen, Quantico's greens give a bigger bounce than the cart paths!
--
John