Default Yo, Shortwave, Black Lab

I was going through Marysville today, so I dropped around the Pacific
Boats office and confirmed the following with the very nice folks
there.

They do sell boats to Black Lab. The boats they sell are fully
assembled, but Black Lab will do some custom touches upon request and
also accessorizes and commissions the boats in a more "East Coast"
manner.

Apparently Black Lab is a very small operation, so if you contact the
company you will be dealing with the owner. He is described by Pacific
Boats as a "great guy to do business with".
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 6, 8:37*pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

also accessorizes and commissions the boats in a more "East Coast"
manner.

East coast manner? Honestly, I've never heard of such.

Chuck, can you fill me in on what you're meaning?
HK HK is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41�pm, Tim wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:37�pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

also accessorizes and commissions the boats in a more "East Coast"
manner.

East coast manner? Honestly, I've never heard of such.

Chuck, can you fill me in on what you're meaning?

Well, among other things I have often been told that on the E coast
more boaters prefer aluminum hardware and fittings. Out west, we tend
to use stainless for everything. I'm sure there are other differences
as well, but maybe the commissioning is more regionally centric than
applicable to the entire E cosat.

Aluminum hardware and fittings? Maybe on an aluminum boat.

"HK" wrote in message
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41?pm, Tim wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:37?pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

also accessorizes and commissions the boats in a more "East Coast"
manner.
East coast manner? Honestly, I've never heard of such.

Chuck, can you fill me in on what you're meaning?

Well, among other things I have often been told that on the E coast
more boaters prefer aluminum hardware and fittings. Out west, we tend
to use stainless for everything. I'm sure there are other differences
as well, but maybe the commissioning is more regionally centric than
applicable to the entire E cosat.

Aluminum hardware and fittings? Maybe on an aluminum boat.

Hardware here is usually a quality stainless steel unless on a dinghy

On Feb 7, 2:59Â*am, HK wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41�pm, Tim wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:37�pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

also accessorizes and commissions the boats in a more "East Coast"
manner.
East coast manner? Honestly, I've never heard of such.

Chuck, can you fill me in on what you're meaning?

Well, among other things I have often been told that on the E coast
more boaters prefer aluminum hardware and fittings. Out west, we tend
to use stainless for everything. I'm sure there are other differences
as well, but maybe the commissioning is more regionally centric than
applicable to the entire E cosat.

Aluminum hardware and fittings? Maybe on an aluminum boat.

Oh, oh. Better tell these three companies that there is no market for
their products......

http://www.topsntowers.com/

http://www.fishingboatsunlimited.com.../aluminum.html

http://www.atlantictowers.com/at_sub/T-Tops.html

Then there's this modest little boat, offered with an aluminum bow
rail.
An aluminum bow rail would be very rare on the W Coast.

http://www.rampageyachts.com/boat_41_ex.shtml

On Feb 7, 7:13�am, "Don White" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41?pm, Tim wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:37?pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

also accessorizes and commissions the boats in a more "East Coast"
manner.
East coast manner? Honestly, I've never heard of such.

Chuck, can you fill me in on what you're meaning?

Well, among other things I have often been told that on the E coast
more boaters prefer aluminum hardware and fittings. Out west, we tend
to use stainless for everything. I'm sure there are other differences
as well, but maybe the commissioning is more regionally centric than
applicable to the entire E cosat.

Aluminum hardware and fittings? Maybe on an aluminum boat.

Hardware here is usually a quality stainless steel unless on a dinghy- Hide quoted text -

See response to Harry.

One obvious difference I should have mentioned, but didn't, is that
along the E coast you guys like to build towers on your boats. They
are almost unheard of on the W coast. Those towers are quite often
made of aluminum.

One of the boats I recently wrote up for the magazine comes in both an
E Coast and a W Coast version. The support for the hardtop and the
deck rails are aluminum back east, but stainless our west.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

One obvious difference I should have mentioned, but didn't, is that
along the E coast you guys like to build towers on your boats. They
are almost unheard of on the W coast. Those towers are quite often
made of aluminum.
---------------------------------

Although aluminum is used, most that I've seen are stainless.

-----------------------------------

One of the boats I recently wrote up for the magazine comes in both an
E Coast and a W Coast version. The support for the hardtop and the
deck rails are aluminum back east, but stainless our west.
---------------------------------

My limited knowledge of metallurgy suggests that aluminum and stainless can
react (electrolysis) unless careful attention is used to physically insulate
them from each other.

In a salt water environment I think I'd rather have aluminum supports on an
aluminum boat and stainless on a fiberglass boat.

Eisboch

Senior Member

On Feb 7, 11:32Â*am, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:59Â*am, HK wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41�pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

http://www.rampageyachts.com/boat_41_ex.shtml- Hide quoted text -

You seem surprised we have those tall towers out here. Simple
explanation, we have big waves out here, we like to see over them

On Feb 7, 2:59Â*am, HK wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41�pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

explanation, we have big waves out here, we like to see over them- Hide quoted text -

I always thought those towers were for looking down into the water.
All that additional weight and higher COG are worse than useless in
big waves. Last place to add a couple of hundred pounds of weight
(person) in a blow would be that far above the WL- or so I would
think. We have no experience in boats with "towers" out here. We need
to keep the COG closer to the WL.
HK HK is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:59 am, HK wrote:
Chuck Gould wrote:
On Feb 6, 6:41�pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Anecdotal. Visit any marina around here, and you'll find the preferred
material for hardware and fittings is stainless.

Yo, Shortwave. This you? Calif Bill General 0 January 25th 08 03:23 AM
For shortwave the BC man. Calif Bill General 3 October 25th 07 04:24 PM
Thanks to Shortwave Tom... HK General 5 September 29th 07 01:55 PM
OT For Shortwave basskisser General 1 December 20th 06 05:37 PM