Default So I went to the new Bass Pro Shop...

and blew through a ton of money buying this and that. I can't build a
quality rod for the kind of money I can buy a quality rod for.

Lures? Found something interesting - Chesapeake Bay Lures with a red
head and holographic foil body - very intriguing. Bought some in the
blue back herring color scheme and read headed white translucent body.

They have a great selection of fly making materials too - very nicely
priced - extremely competitive with a lot of speciality shops and a
great selection. Also picked up a new vise - 360 degree rotation and
numerous head angles - very nice vise for traveling and as a spare for
my bench vise.

Frankly, I was impressed on this trip.

news
and blew through a ton of money buying this and that. I can't build a
quality rod for the kind of money I can buy a quality rod for.

Lures? Found something interesting - Chesapeake Bay Lures with a red
head and holographic foil body - very intriguing. Bought some in the
blue back herring color scheme and read headed white translucent body.

They have a great selection of fly making materials too - very nicely
priced - extremely competitive with a lot of speciality shops and a
great selection. Also picked up a new vise - 360 degree rotation and
numerous head angles - very nice vise for traveling and as a spare for
my bench vise.

Frankly, I was impressed on this trip.

That place is dangerous. I stopped into one of their stores because I'd
heard that they carry ALL the sizes of Mepps spinners I can't find anywhere
else except online. I figured I'd grab four or five.

$182 later......

HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
and blew through a ton of money buying this and that. I can't build a
quality rod for the kind of money I can buy a quality rod for.

Lures? Found something interesting - Chesapeake Bay Lures with a red
head and holographic foil body - very intriguing. Bought some in the
blue back herring color scheme and read headed white translucent body.

They have a great selection of fly making materials too - very nicely
priced - extremely competitive with a lot of speciality shops and a
great selection. Also picked up a new vise - 360 degree rotation and
numerous head angles - very nice vise for traveling and as a spare for
my bench vise.

Frankly, I was impressed on this trip.

It's a cool store. We have two in our general area, one near Baltimore,
a short drive away, and another in Norfolk. Both are great, but the
Norfolk store has a lot more salt water fishing stuff.

--
George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

That place is dangerous. I stopped into one of their stores because I'd
heard that they carry ALL the sizes of Mepps spinners I can't find anywhere
else except online. I figured I'd grab four or five.

$182 later......

Here's a book you might enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Spinner-Fishin.../dp/0936608404

I started making my own after reading this about 20 years
ago. It really helped my steelhead fishing and $180 of
materials would make several hundred nice spinners.

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:19:31 -0800, -rick- wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

That place is dangerous. I stopped into one of their stores because I'd
heard that they carry ALL the sizes of Mepps spinners I can't find anywhere
else except online. I figured I'd grab four or five.

$182 later......

Here's a book you might enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Spinner-Fishin.../dp/0936608404

I started making my own after reading this about 20 years
ago. It really helped my steelhead fishing and $180 of
materials would make several hundred nice spinners.

I have that book - it's pretty good.

You buy your material from Jann's?

On Dec 27, 7:02*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
and blew through a ton of money buying this and that. *I can't build a
quality rod for the kind of money I can buy a quality rod for.

Lures? *Found something interesting - Chesapeake Bay Lures with a red
head and holographic foil body - very intriguing. *Bought some in the
blue back herring color scheme and read headed white translucent body.

They have a great selection of fly making materials too - very nicely
priced - extremely competitive with a lot of speciality shops and a
great selection. *Also picked up a new vise - 360 degree rotation and
numerous head angles - very nice vise for traveling and as a spare for
my bench vise.

Frankly, I was impressed on this trip.

We've had a Bass Pro here for years. I always manage to spend more
than I thought.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I have that book - it's pretty good.

You buy your material from Jann's?

No, I think the last order was from

http://www.fishermanshack.net/

before that

http://pen-tac.com/

and some now defunct small scale storefronts.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:06:04 -0800, -rick- wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I have that book - it's pretty good.

You buy your material from Jann's?

No, I think the last order was from

http://www.fishermanshack.net/

before that

http://pen-tac.com/

and some now defunct small scale storefronts.

Decent pricing at those places.

Thanks.

I buy a lot from Jann's and a place out of New York called Terminal
Tackle.

http://www.terminaltackleco.com/

I used to buy my rod blanks from a place called Mudhole

http://shop.mudhole.com/

but their in-house stock quality went way down hill, so when I build a
speciality rod, I order from a couple of manufacturers I have an "in"
with - strictly on the QT. :)

Bass Tracker 175 Eck General 0 February 2nd 06 10:31 PM
BASS TRACKER Eck General 0 January 28th 06 08:41 PM
Help wiring bass boat Brian Electronics 2 May 19th 05 04:41 PM
Bass on the Shenandoah Don White General 5 May 4th 05 01:15 AM