BoatBanter.com

-   -   When is a fuel spill not a hazard? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/88810-when-fuel-spill-not-hazard.html)

[email protected] December 11th 07 02:53 PM

When is a fuel spill not a hazard?

The thread about a 1 gallon fuel spill got me thinking (clearly too
much time on my hands)
What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

[email protected] December 11th 07 03:50 PM

On Dec 11, 9:19 am, wrote:
On Dec 11, 8:53 am, wrote:

The thread about a 1 gallon fuel spill got me thinking (clearly too
much time on my hands)
What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

Tossed salad?

Only if you spilled some balsamic vinegar, too.

Larry December 11th 07 04:42 PM

When is a fuel spill not a hazard?

wrote in news:ca7cc897-257c-4026-a6d7-
:

What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

Depends on how much Federal Grant money is available.....Could take
hundreds of workers thousands of hours if we fund it right.

Larry
--
Merry Christmas!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_NhFS4xEE

Short Wave Sportfishing December 11th 07 05:20 PM

When is a fuel spill not a hazard?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:19:46 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Dec 11, 8:53 am, wrote:
The thread about a 1 gallon fuel spill got me thinking (clearly too
much time on my hands)
What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

Tossed salad?

Damn - Beat me to it. :)

Ed December 11th 07 07:42 PM

When is a fuel spill not a hazard?

Many fishermen "spill" fish oil overboard to create large slicks. They
actually sell it in gallons at the tackle shops.

We just need to create "fish oil Diesel" and then slicks would become
fish attractors.

wrote:

The thread about a 1 gallon fuel spill got me thinking (clearly too
much time on my hands)
What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

If it was any significant amount you would still have short term
environmental damage from cooking oil (fish kills, oil coated birds
etc)
It will eventually biodegrade but cooking oil is still going to
pollute the water. It is also something you wouldn't want to be
scrubbing off your boat or trying to get out of your cooling system.
I suppose a lot would depend on what it really was, peanut oil, canola
oil or animal fat.

Wayne.B December 11th 07 09:31 PM

When is a fuel spill not a hazard?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:20:28 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

Stir fry?

Good one.

Heh, wok and roll forever.

Short Wave Sportfishing December 11th 07 09:37 PM

When is a fuel spill not a hazard?

wrote:

What if, you fueled your diesel boat with vegetable oil and then
spilled some? What sort of response would b required?

Stir fry?

Good one.

Heh, wok and roll forever.

Ok, now your pushing the envelope... :)