BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bimini Tops (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/87347-bimini-tops.html)

Corsair23 October 23rd 07 06:15 PM

Bimini Tops

Just came back from the local "toy" store..(boats, bikes, sleds,
etc...) and saw the line of ready made Bimini Kits. $399.00 will get
me a red top, and all poles and straps, ready to install. I thought
thats a good price. Ya, you may think that it would be cheap, thin
wall poles at that price, but no, the kit looks really sturdy. They,
of course, had boats in the showroom with tops already on, and I'm
getting one for the spring.
I gotta also say that the new Bilgeliner 270 24 footer, was a dam
nicely designed boat as well.The price stated was $53,000 Can.

Tim October 23rd 07 11:55 PM

Bimini Tops

On Oct 23, 12:15 pm, Corsair23 wrote:
Just came back from the local "toy" store..(boats, bikes, sleds,
etc...) and saw the line of ready made Bimini Kits. $399.00 will get
me a red top, and all poles and straps, ready to install. I thought
thats a good price. Ya, you may think that it would be cheap, thin
wall poles at that price, but no, the kit looks really sturdy. They,
of course, had boats in the showroom with tops already on, and I'm
getting one for the spring.
I gotta also say that the new Bilgeliner 270 24 footer, was a dam
nicely designed boat as well.The price stated was $53,000 Can.

I got in a mad rush to go boating this summer, and was going to have a
custom built bimini for my 23' Marquis, but eh, didn't take the time.
then in Jusy and August it got so blasted hot, we didn't go out hardly
at all. I'll have one made before next spring.

I could have gotten one of the $400.00 "buggy" tops, but I just
didn't think they would have looked right.

jamesgangnc October 24th 07 12:47 AM

Bimini Tops

Most of the ones I've seen look fine and when custom ones are close to a
grand the price is pretty attractive.
oups.com...

Tim October 24th 07 04:05 PM

Bimini Tops

On Oct 23, 6:47 pm, "jamesgangnc" wrote:
[...]

didn't think they would have looked right.- Hide quoted text -

But then again, twice the price for twice the top. From the ones I've
seen, they looked like they set too high and were too short for what
little benefit of shade they produce.

but I could be wrong

Corsair23 October 24th 07 11:32 PM

Bimini Tops

Did I mention the four-hoop one was 6+feet? Long enough for me, and a
20' boat.

S.

jamesgangnc October 25th 07 12:36 AM

Bimini Tops

Some of them are a little high depending on where you have to mount them and
the depth of your cockpit. I used a copper pipe cutter on mine and lowered
it to be just a bit above my 6'4".

oups.com...

Ron October 26th 07 02:55 AM

Bimini Tops

Corsair23 wrote in news:1193265172.460556.78930
@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Did I mention the four-hoop one was 6+feet? Long enough for me, and a
20' boat.

Can you tell me more details on where you got it and/or its brand,
I ran out of summer waiting for the local top maker to get components made.
I'm in canada too so your tips will help.
Ron, in victoria

Corsair23 October 26th 07 03:21 AM

Bimini Tops

On Oct 25, 9:55 pm, Ron wrote:
Corsair23 wrote in news:1193265172.460556.78930
@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Did I mention the four-hoop one was 6+feet? Long enough for me, and a
20' boat.

Can you tell me more details on where you got it and/or its brand,
I ran out of summer waiting for the local top maker to get components made.
I'm in canada too so your tips will help.
Ron, in victoria

I'll post it as soon as I locate the Catalogue I have here.