BoatBanter.com

-   -   Back to work (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/87134-back-work.html)

Eisboch October 16th 07 01:32 PM

Back to work

I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

Tim October 16th 07 02:51 PM

Back to work

Eisboch wrote:
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

Take him to the boat, wine him and dine him....at your expense, of
course. ?:

a bad day on the water is still better than the best day at work...

DownTime October 16th 07 03:11 PM

Back to work

Tim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

Take him to the boat, wine him and dine him....at your expense, of
course. ?:

a bad day on the water is still better than the best day at work...

Is it even possible to have a bad day on the water? I'd suspect that
short of fire, sinking, or heart attack, one could find the good in just
being on the boat...

[email protected] October 16th 07 04:11 PM

Back to work

On Oct 16, 10:11 am, DownTime wrote:
Tim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

Take him to the boat, wine him and dine him....at your expense, of
course. ?:

a bad day on the water is still better than the best day at work...

Is it even possible to have a bad day on the water? I'd suspect that
short of fire, sinking, or heart attack, one could find the good in just
being on the boat...

Well, I for one am not afraid to admit, there have been a couple of
times when I figure I would have been better if I had stayed home...
Only one or two, but it has happened.

Tim October 16th 07 07:23 PM

Back to work

wrote:

Well, I for one am not afraid to admit, there have been a couple of
times when I figure I would have been better if I had stayed home...
Only one or two, but it has happened.

Then again, if you remember correctly, on those two occasions...

you were mistaken.

Eisboch[_2_] October 17th 07 10:56 PM

Back to work

"JimH" ask wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

So how did it go?

Not bad. He awarded the company a $800+K contract for a new thin film
system.

Eisboch (still got the "touch")

Eisboch[_2_] October 17th 07 10:59 PM

Back to work

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JimH" ask wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

So how did it go?

Not bad. He awarded the company a $800+K contract for a new thin film
system.

Eisboch (still got the "touch")

AND ..... Sam and I are back on the boat.

Eisboch

[email protected] October 18th 07 12:54 PM

Back to work

On Oct 17, 5:56 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

So how did it go?

Not bad. He awarded the company a $800+K contract for a new thin film
system.

Eisboch (still got the "touch")

Wow! Hope you get a good chunk of that;) Went back to work myself
this week, gonna' work on a local farm for the winter to get loosened
up a little and trade off a little horsie time for my girls. Don't
think I will be making as much as you did though;) Of course our
work could be somewhat similar, I was off shoveling ****, how about
you? ;)

Eisboch[_2_] October 18th 07 01:24 PM

Back to work

wrote in message
ups.com...

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...
I've been called in to help out today at.... (gulp) .... *work*.
A long-time customer is visiting and I have to provide some sense of
corporate continuity.

Gotta get this over with so Sam and I can go back to the boat.

Eisboch

So how did it go?

Not bad. He awarded the company a $800+K contract for a new thin film
system.

Eisboch (still got the "touch")

Wow! Hope you get a good chunk of that;) Went back to work myself
this week, gonna' work on a local farm for the winter to get loosened
up a little and trade off a little horsie time for my girls. Don't
think I will be making as much as you did though;) Of course our
work could be somewhat similar, I was off shoveling ****, how about
you? ;)

Nah, I don't get any "chunk". I have a long term "consulting" deal that
pays just about minimum wage, but keeps Mrs.E. and I eligible to participate
in the company's health care program.

When I was a kid living outside of New Haven, CT., I had a summer job
mucking horse stalls for a guy that raised and trained thoughbred racing
horses. Not for me. In addition to the .... well .... you know, I was
also allergic to the hay dust. I swore I'd never do it again and I haven't,
despite Mrs.E.'s three horses.

If you want to get bored to tears, here's what I ended up doing for a
living:

http://www.vptec.com/

Eisboch

HK October 18th 07 01:35 PM

Back to work

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

"Eisboch" wrote in message
[...]

Geeze....I had much fancier summer jobs than you did...cleaning out
boilers, loading trucks and freight cars, drinking beer.