BoatBanter.com

-   -   Views on Celebrity boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/86158-views-celebrity-boats.html)

gilly September 12th 07 09:22 AM

Views on Celebrity boats

Hi guys

I currently own a Bayliner 2052 cuddy and have just spotted on the net
a Celebrity 220 br.
This boat looks rather interesting. Does anyone have any views on
these boats.

Where are they built, do they hold their value, build quality etc

Any information would be great as i cant seem to find much on the
internet.

Regards
Simon

Dan September 13th 07 12:31 AM

Views on Celebrity boats

gilly wrote:
Hi guys

I currently own a Bayliner 2052 cuddy and have just spotted on the net
a Celebrity 220 br.
This boat looks rather interesting. Does anyone have any views on
these boats.

Where are they built, do they hold their value, build quality etc

Any information would be great as i cant seem to find much on the
internet.

Regards
Simon

Last I read, they went out of business - maybe 5 years ago. Someone may
have picked up the brand. I used to see them quite often on a local
chain of lakes and rivers in IL but that was almost 10 years ago.

How old is the boat? Is is a bowrider as the "br" suggests?

Dan

gilly September 13th 07 10:04 AM

Views on Celebrity boats

On 13 Sep, 00:31, Dan intrceptor@gmaildotcom wrote:
gilly wrote:
Hi guys

I currently own a Bayliner 2052 cuddy and have just spotted on the net
a Celebrity 220 br.
This boat looks rather interesting. Does anyone have any views on
these boats.

Where are they built, do they hold their value, build quality etc

Any information would be great as i cant seem to find much on the
internet.

Regards
Simon

Last I read, they went out of business - maybe 5 years ago. Someone may
have picked up the brand. I used to see them quite often on a local
chain of lakes and rivers in IL but that was almost 10 years ago.

How old is the boat? Is is a bowrider as the "br" suggests?

Dan

Thanks for that Dan

Yes "br" is bowrider.

It was only by chance i spotted this boat on the net and thought it
was quite a looker and a good size BR.
You answered my question i guess,its little wonder i cant find much on
the net if they've gone out of business and not too many for sale
either. Spares could be quite difficult to get hold of also i'd say.
The boat i was looking at was either a 2000 or 2001 and i dont recall
seeing any newer models than that so maybe they have gone.

Many thanks for your input Dan

Simon