BoatBanter.com

-   -   Raise Your Hand... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/82229-raise-your-hand.html)

DownTime July 5th 07 04:54 PM

Raise Your Hand...

If you went boating on the 4th. We did, but no fishing yesterday, simply
a cruise with friends to a nice beachfront and enjoyed a day on the water.

Cheers to all.

DownTime July 5th 07 09:42 PM

Raise Your Hand...

wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:54:44 -0400, DownTime
wrote:

If you went boating on the 4th. We did, but no fishing yesterday, simply
a cruise with friends to a nice beachfront and enjoyed a day on the water.

Cheers to all.

It was a great day in Estero Bay. The threat of weather scared off all
but the hardiest and it really never rained. It was a bit overcast but
that just held the heat down.
I think most people actually did their "4th" thing on the weekend.
Saturday was pretty busy at malfunction junction where the 5 channels
converge at Big Carlos Pass.

Wow, we are practically neighbors, sort of. We were at the new cut
created in North Captiva by hurricane Charley.

DownTime July 5th 07 10:10 PM

Raise Your Hand...

wrote:

There are a few of us around here. I am in Estero and NYOB is in
Naples. We have a couple other SW Fla guys around

I recall a few chats/posts with NYOB, we are in Cape Coral. Most our
fishing and general boating is Pine Island Sound and Matlacha, with the
occasional trip to the Florida Keys.

Midlant July 5th 07 11:03 PM

Raise Your Hand...

My parents live on Pine Island. It used to be a nice quiet, desolate
place.
Fishing was good as were the crabbing and lots of open beached on the
outer islands.
John

"DownTime" wrote in message
. ..

Wayne.B July 5th 07 11:16 PM

Raise Your Hand...

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:59:33 -0400, wrote:

There are a few of us around here. I am in Estero and NYOB is in
Naples. We have a couple other SW Fla guys around

I'm in Cape Coral also except that we are spending the summer north on
the boat (every day a boating day, 24x7).

Wayne.B July 5th 07 11:28 PM

Raise Your Hand...

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:03:16 -0400, "Midlant"
wrote:

Fishing was good as were the crabbing and lots of open beachs on the
outer islands.

Careful now. Be sure and mention the shallow water, poor charts,
hurricanes, summer heat, high taxes, impossible insurance coverage,
tourist crowding, etc.

Everything else is *secret*.

DownTime July 5th 07 11:50 PM

Raise Your Hand...

wrote:

Fishing was good as were the crabbing and lots of open beachs on the
outer islands.

Careful now. Be sure and mention the shallow water, poor charts,
hurricanes, summer heat, high taxes, impossible insurance coverage,
tourist crowding, etc.

Everything else is *secret*.

plus, the mosquitos, no-see-ums, alligators, sharks, and famous monitor
lizards of Cape Coral too!

Wayne.B July 6th 07 02:18 AM

Raise Your Hand...

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:50:29 -0400, DownTime
wrote:

plus, the mosquitos, no-see-ums, alligators, sharks, and famous monitor
lizards of Cape Coral too!

Good points... :-)

Tim July 6th 07 03:16 AM

Raise Your Hand...

On Jul 5, 10:54 am, DownTime wrote:
If you went boating on the 4th. We did, but no fishing yesterday, simply
a cruise with friends to a nice beachfront and enjoyed a day on the water.

Cheers to all.

My hands were busy. I played in a CW band for 2 hrs, at our county
seat park, and ran sound for another couple hr.s, then watched the
fireworks.

HK July 6th 07 03:18 AM

Raise Your Hand...

Tim wrote:
On Jul 5, 10:54 am, DownTime wrote:
If you went boating on the 4th. We did, but no fishing yesterday, simply
a cruise with friends to a nice beachfront and enjoyed a day on the water.

Cheers to all.

My hands were busy. I played in a CW band for 2 hrs, at our county
seat park, and ran sound for another couple hr.s, then watched the
fireworks.

We never go near boats on July 4th. All the drunks are out on the water.