BoatBanter.com

-   -   Firing order (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/82105-firing-order.html)

[email protected] June 30th 07 07:48 PM

Firing order

Hey guys, I am trying to find a firing order for a 1970 something
ChrisCraft 350 engine. Do any of you know what that could be? Thanks

Jim June 30th 07 08:55 PM

Firing order

It's stamped on your intake manifold.

oups.com...

JK July 1st 07 05:22 AM

Firing order

GM/Chevy Standard Rotation
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Cylinders Front to back- Left Side 1357
Right Side 2468
JK

jamesgangnc July 2nd 07 12:41 PM

Firing order

It's not a chris craft engine, it's a chevy small block. You can use any
good chevy small block manual for most of it.

oups.com...

Capt John July 2nd 07 05:03 PM

Firing order

On Jul 2, 7:41 am, "jamesgangnc" wrote:
It's not a chris craft engine, it's a chevy small block. You can use any
good chevy small block manual for most of it.

wrote in message

oups.com...

Hey guys, I am trying to find a firing order for a 1970 something
ChrisCraft 350 engine. Do any of you know what that could be? Thanks- Hide quoted text -

If you know which is cylinder 1 (look at the distributer and timing
mark, the exhaust valve should open as you spin the engine, if the
intake valve opens, your off by one rotation) pull the plugs and valve
covers and rotate the engine in the proper direction. Watch the intake
valves, the next one to open is the next one to fire. You'll get four
cylinders with one rotation, and the other four in the second
rotation. It can be done without removing the valve covers and placing
a finger over the plug hole, but I don't like that method myself.

John