BoatBanter.com

-   -   Comments on a Four Winns 245 Vista (1986) (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/819-comments-four-winns-245-vista-1986-a.html)

David Kassnoff August 25th 03 03:02 AM

Comments on a Four Winns 245 Vista (1986)

Can anyone offer comments on a 1986 Four Winns 245 Vista? We're new to
cruising and this one looks great, new canvas, clean I/O OMC V8. We
did notice the bow rising pretty high at full throttle. Is this a good
boat to learn on? We're competent sailors but haven't had much
experience with power boats. Advice and opinions, please. Thanks.

-David K.

Gould 0738 August 25th 03 05:17 AM

Comments on a Four Winns 245 Vista (1986)

Can anyone offer comments on a 1986 Four Winns 245 Vista? We're new to
cruising and this one looks great, new canvas, clean I/O OMC V8. We
did notice the bow rising pretty high at full throttle. Is this a good
boat to learn on? We're competent sailors but haven't had much
experience with power boats. Advice and opinions, please. Thanks.

-David K.

Four Winns has an above average reputation. Your prospective boat could be
anywhere between a great value and a worthless toad....depending entirely on
the individual maintenance it has (or hasn't received).

Get survey--hull and mechanical.

Lots of planing hulls have a lot of bow lift during the transition from
semi-displacement to planing mode. Did the bow come back down once you achieved
a reasonable cruising speed?
A well designed boat will need no more than a little trim tab to run at an
acceptably level angle.