HK HK is offline

Default Bend Over for 'Big' Oil

GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup panel survey finds the public bracing
for continued rising gas prices this summer. A majority of poll
respondents expect gas prices to reach the $4.00 per gallon level in
their local area this summer, though only a small minority expects it to
reach the $5.00 mark. Roughly two in three Americans say they have
already been affected financially in some meaningful way by the high gas
prices. The public most often mentions oil company greed as the reason
for the high gas prices, though it also mentions other more practical
reasons such as problems with refineries.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup panel survey finds the public bracing
for continued rising gas prices this summer. A majority of poll
respondents expect gas prices to reach the $4.00 per gallon level in their
local area this summer, though only a small minority expects it to reach
the $5.00 mark. Roughly two in three Americans say they have already been
affected financially in some meaningful way by the high gas prices. The
public most often mentions oil company greed as the reason for the high
gas prices, though it also mentions other more practical reasons such as
problems with refineries.

They'll mention whatever the talking heads tell them to mention as reasons.
Remember "increased demand in China"? That's the reason I heard for the
latest run-up. Same thing last year. But, when the price dropped last year,
nobody said "decreased demand in China". I don't listen any more. The only
info I'd believe would come from Rex Tillerson, who was being waterboarded
in return for real details about the pricing scheme. All other explanations
thus far are an insult to our intelligence.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

The "problems with refineries" reason is a tad too predictable. There's
no reason to doubt "refinery" and big oil greed, though.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Eisboch will happen along shortly to give us the truth. :-)

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Naw. You can't handle "the truth".
Here's a suggestion though ...

http://education.yahoo.net/degrees/a...nd_salary.html

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I don't see "waterboard technician" there. What a useless article.

Jim Jim is offline

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

It's pretty hard to ignore big oil's announcement of record profits every
quarter. Maybe it's time to sell the boat and buy Exxon Mobil stock.
Jim

HK HK is offline

Jim wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Maybe it is time to elect a president who gives a damn about those with
middle or lower class incomes. We've had six and a half years of
corporate payoff in the White House. It's time to make sure the public's
interest is represented in such key, high-cost to the public industries
as oil and health care.

On Wed, 30 May 2007 10:24:20 -0400, HK wrote:

Jim wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yes, the president sets gas prices.

On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:43:26 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Explanation - long term maximization of profit. Salvation Army does charity
work.