BoatBanter.com

-   -   Touring in Scotland book : sea kayak , open canoe (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/79610-re-touring-scotland-book-sea-kayak-open-canoe.html)

Brian Nystrom April 3rd 07 12:22 PM

Touring in Scotland book : sea kayak , open canoe

Drew Cutter wrote:
I couldn't find a good source of books on touring in Scotland via sea
kayak or open canoe . looked at amazon.

If you're going to be in that neighborhood, consider hopping the Ferry
to Shetland. The paddling there is amazing! I've got several albums of
pics of our trip their in '04 on Webshots at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom-reg

They have a big get-together on Papa Stour island on the first weekend
in July every year. It's a great opportunity to meet local paddlers and
get a tour of their waters. If you join their club for the equivalent of
~$35, you can borrow one of their fleet of Avocets and Skerrays while
you're there.