BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anyone ever been thru the Sacramento River lock? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/79308-anyone-ever-been-thru-sacramento-river-lock.html)

Bob March 23rd 07 03:37 PM

Anyone ever been thru the Sacramento River lock?

I've been wanting to take my boat (17' v-hull) through the lock in West
Sacramento which connects the Sacramento River with the deep water
channel. It looks like the entrance to it is right across from Miller
Park. Does anyone have any comments, tips, etc. for venturing into the
lock from the east side? Calif Bill?

Thanks!

Calif Bill March 24th 07 08:55 PM

"Bob" wrote in message

I've been wanting to take my boat (17' v-hull) through the lock in West
Sacramento which connects the Sacramento River with the deep water
channel. It looks like the entrance to it is right across from Miller
Park. Does anyone have any comments, tips, etc. for venturing into the
lock from the east side? Calif Bill?

Thanks!

Doing little research form The Log
"The William G. Stone Lock, which is currently operated by the City of
Sacramento, connects the Sacramento River with the Sacramento River Deep
Water Ship Channel. The lock is only open for passage of vessels at
specified times. Since the hours and days the lock is operating are subject
to change, boaters should contact the Sacramento Boat Harbor at (916)
449-5712 for up-to-date information."

The DBW pdf says the lock is currently not in operation.

Bob March 25th 07 03:17 AM

Anyone ever been thru the Sacramento River lock?

In article k.net,
Calif Bill bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
:
:"Bob" wrote in message
:
[...]

Thanks Bill! Yea, I found out elsewhere the lock has been shutdown for
some time now. We took a cruise out of Hogback today...first time out
this season...was a perfect day in all respects! Good start to the
season...yea never know what to expect with a 35 yr old boat...knock on
wood.