BoatBanter.com

-   -   Help me choose a sailboat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/791-help-me-choose-sailboat.html)

[email protected] August 22nd 03 04:30 AM

Help me choose a sailboat

I have to replace my Hobie catamaran with another sailboat because
of a back injury that makes it so I can't sit flat without my legs going
numb. I have considered a cat with wings, but can you use the wings in
low wind? Is there a performance dingy that I won't be completely
disgusted with speed wise? I also have the need to occassionally haul
600lbs of crew without sinking the boat completely. Most of my sailing
will be single-handed, even if there are others on board. I sail on a
250 acre private lake in Iowa for enjoyment and haven't been able to go
saling for 2 years now and have decided I will never heal enough to sit
flat again so I am looking for alternatives.

James