BoatBanter.com

-   -   71F today..................... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/79071-71f-today.html)

Short Wave Sportfishing March 20th 07 03:23 PM

71F today.....................

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:09:51 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:53:44 GMT, Tom Francis
wrote:

All of our population growth comes from
immigration, either foreign or from other states. You can say what
you want but everyone wants to be here.

Um....No?

You couldn't pay me enough to live in LaLaLand. :)

Florida sucks too...no gun control....

(think it will work?)

Not on me. :)

Harry Krause March 20th 07 03:50 PM

71F today.....................

wrote:

All of our population growth comes from
immigration, either foreign or from other states. You can say what
you want but everyone wants to be here.

Um....No?

You couldn't pay me enough to live in LaLaLand. :)

Florida sucks too. Spread the word. Hurricanes, dangerous reptiles, no
gun control and roaches the size of your thumb.
Stay away!!!

(think it will work?)

As a place to live year-around, south Florida sucks big time. But from
late October through mid-March, parts of south Florida are very nice,
indeed.

Wayne.B March 20th 07 04:11 PM

71F today.....................

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:09:51 -0500, wrote:

Florida sucks too. Spread the word. Hurricanes, dangerous reptiles, no
gun control and roaches the size of your thumb.
Stay away!!!

(think it will work?)

You forgot to mention the traffic congestion and slow winter drivers
from the north.

Quote from a Florida bumper sticker: "When I get old I'm going to go
up north and drive slow".

I swear there is no one from the mid-west who knows how to drive in
traffic or make a proper left turn, although we did have a run in
recently with an Ohio blue hair who tried to steal my parking place.

She must have trained in New Jersey. :-)

Wayne.B March 20th 07 04:16 PM

71F today.....................

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:50:43 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

As a place to live year-around, south Florida sucks big time.

A mild exaggeration of course. There is something to be said for
drinks at poolside or on the back deck of the boat in the evening with
no sweaters required.

But from
late October through mid-March, parts of south Florida are very nice,
indeed.

Like right now. It lasts longer than mid-March but don't tell anyone.

D.Duck March 20th 07 04:31 PM

71F today.....................

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:09:51 -0500, wrote:

Florida sucks too. Spread the word. Hurricanes, dangerous reptiles, no
gun control and roaches the size of your thumb.
Stay away!!!

(think it will work?)

You forgot to mention the traffic congestion and slow winter drivers
from the north.

Quote from a Florida bumper sticker: "When I get old I'm going to go
up north and drive slow".

I swear there is no one from the mid-west who knows how to drive in
traffic or make a proper left turn, although we did have a run in
recently with an Ohio blue hair who tried to steal my parking place.

She must have trained in New Jersey. :-)

Another favorite bumper sticker:

"If It's Tourist Season, Why Can't We Shoot 'Em?"

D.Duck March 20th 07 04:32 PM

71F today.....................

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:09:51 -0500, wrote:

Florida sucks too. Spread the word. Hurricanes, dangerous reptiles, no
gun control and roaches the size of your thumb.
Stay away!!!

(think it will work?)

You forgot to mention the traffic congestion and slow winter drivers
from the north.

Quote from a Florida bumper sticker: "When I get old I'm going to go
up north and drive slow".

I swear there is no one from the mid-west who knows how to drive in
traffic or make a proper left turn, although we did have a run in
recently with an Ohio blue hair who tried to steal my parking place.

She must have trained in New Jersey. :-)

Another favorite bumper sticker:

"If It's Tourist Season, Why Can't We Shoot 'Em?"

Or another:

"Welcome To Florida, Now Go Home"

John H. March 20th 07 05:50 PM

71F today.....................

wrote:

All of our population growth comes from
immigration, either foreign or from other states. You can say what
you want but everyone wants to be here.

Um....No?

You couldn't pay me enough to live in LaLaLand. :)

Florida sucks too. Spread the word. Hurricanes, dangerous reptiles, no
gun control and roaches the size of your thumb.
Stay away!!!

(think it will work?)

They're palmetto bugs, not roaches. They're called palmetto bugs because
they're the size of your palm!
--
***** Hope your day is better than decent! *****

John H

JimH March 20th 07 09:42 PM

71F today.....................

wrote:

All of our population growth comes from
immigration, either foreign or from other states. You can say what
you want but everyone wants to be here.
Um....No?

You couldn't pay me enough to live in LaLaLand. :)

Florida sucks too. Spread the word. Hurricanes, dangerous reptiles, no
gun control and roaches the size of your thumb.
Stay away!!!

(think it will work?)

As a place to live year-around, south Florida sucks big time. But from
late October through mid-March, parts of south Florida are very nice,
indeed.

Hush! Don't tell them

Your *secret* is safe with me.....one could only wonder what would happen if
the 'blue hairs' heard about your *secret* though. ;-)

Bill March 20th 07 09:57 PM

71F today.....................

As a place to live year-around, south Florida sucks big time. But from
late October through mid-March, parts of south Florida are very nice,
indeed.

Hush! Don't tell them

Don't tell us what that Florida sucks for 50% of the year and the rest
of the time is over run by tourists and old ladies. That's really not
a secret and isn't much incentive to want to live there.

-rick- March 21st 07 05:11 AM

D.Duck wrote:

Another favorite bumper sticker:

"If It's Tourist Season, Why Can't We Shoot 'Em?"

I caught that song on the radio from Ft. Myers. Pretty funny...