BoatBanter.com

-   -   NC kayak for greenland paddling (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/78909-re-nc-kayak-greenland-paddling.html)

Brian Nystrom March 9th 07 12:48 AM

NC kayak for greenland paddling

Drew Cutter wrote:
I'm looking to take a class in August in Michigan on green style
paddling. I wondering if NC kayak would have a low enough profile for
this type of paddling ?

It depends on what you want to accomplish, which model of NC kayak and
your size, since volume is relative to the size of the paddler. Boats
that are low volume for me are much less so for my 115# girlfriend. If
your goal is to learn basic Greenland technique, you shouldn't have any
problems with the NC boats. For rolling it's considerably easier with
boats with lower decks, particularly the aft deck.