Default Announce: Shipbuilders, Sea Captains, and Fishermen: The Story of the Schooner Wawona

Hello,

I am the author of the new non-fiction book, Shipbuilders, Sea
Captains, and Fishermen: The Story of the Schooner Wawona. The books
details the history of the 1897 lumber and fishing schooner Wawona, now
berthed in Seattle. It is the sister ship to the C.A. Thayer, the newly
restored three-masted schooner at the San Francisco National Maritime
Historical Park.

My 230-page book features 25 historical photographs, crew lists, and
details of daily life. The vessel carried lumber along the Pacific
Coast and fished for cod in Alaska. A chapter sample is available at
http://www.wawonabook.com. The book is available through Amazon.com and
Barnes & Noble. Amazon reader reviews are welcome.

Thank you.

Joe Follansbee

Wawona Author wrote:
Hello,

I am the author of the new non-fiction book, Shipbuilders, Sea
Captains, and Fishermen: The Story of the Schooner Wawona. The books
details the history of the 1897 lumber and fishing schooner Wawona, now
berthed in Seattle. It is the sister ship to the C.A. Thayer, the newly
restored three-masted schooner at the San Francisco National Maritime
Historical Park.

My 230-page book features 25 historical photographs, crew lists, and
details of daily life. The vessel carried lumber along the Pacific
Coast and fished for cod in Alaska. A chapter sample is available at
http://www.wawonabook.com. The book is available through Amazon.com and
Barnes & Noble. Amazon reader reviews are welcome.

Thank you.

Joe Follansbee

Have your publisher send a review copy to my magazine. Email me if you
need more specific instructions. We've got a staff person who actually
*reads* many of the books sent in for review, (no dust jacket skims
passed off as "reviews") and I would ask her to prioritize reading
yours. This is certainly a subject that is of significant interest to
boaters in the Pacific NW. We have our book review column done for the
next two issues, but we could publish our staffer's review of your book
as early as March 21.

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
On 14 Jan 2007 20:03:24 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

Have your publisher send a review copy to my magazine. Email me if you
need more specific instructions.

I'm sure you will get a good one - Chuck never publishes any negative.

It's all about the sales you know.

Aren't you supposed to be typing out your next factually erroneous, OT,
political propaganda post? Same old, same old.

If our reviewer felt that the book was a loser, he wouldn't get a
favorable review. He just wouldn't get mentioned at all. As it happens,
the fate of the rotting hull of that vessel is a hot topic in this
region right now and there would be some interest in a book about
Wawona.