BoatBanter.com

-   -   repair on sailboat mast (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/76594-repair-sailboat-mast.html)

[email protected] December 13th 06 03:36 AM

repair on sailboat mast

does anyone have information on getting parts to repair the base of the mast where it hinges to fold down, on a 25ft HELM sailboat. The mast is 30ft tall and the hinge point is broken where the hinge bolt goes through. It is for my brother in Florida, Yep....... he dropped it while taking it down. I don't know much about sail boats and am trying to help him out.

[email protected] December 13th 06 03:29 PM

repair on sailboat mast

Being at the base, it could be repaired by welding in all probability.
Take it to an aluminium fabricator.

Terry K

D Parker December 13th 06 10:47 PM

repair on sailboat mast

as the other guys said.. remove it and take it to a metal fabricator to
repair or replace. Then replace with the new one. Remembering lots of
silicone sealant through the deck bolts to prevent leaks. Also check the
base of the mast for damage too. One small crack could lead to disaster.

DP
r.com...