BoatBanter.com

-   -   Is a shallow draft deckboat a good "bay" option (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/747-re-shallow-draft-deckboat-good-%22bay%22-option.html)

Don Heffernan August 19th 03 12:55 PM

Is a shallow draft deckboat a good "bay" option

(Rich Stern) wrote in message ...
fishing, and it seems great for skiing. My question - will
this kind of boat be OK in 2-3' chop a couple of miles out when the
wind kicks up?

I'd ask for a ride in those conditions before making the purchase.

Question: I assume your Rinker drafts somewhere between 2 and 3' with the
outdrive down? And you say it's too much for skiing where you like to ski? Is
that safe skiing depth? I'm not a skier, so I don't know such things.

Good point. We don't actually ski in 2 feet, but we pick up people in
front of my house where the water is very shallow for a long way out.
I can't bring the Rinker in as far as I would like. I am also
considering boats like a dual console Grady White or Whaler. The
bottom line is I don't really know what I need.

Don