BoatBanter.com

-   -   QUERY: Correct Spark Plug for 4.3 GL Volvo (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/74538-query-correct-spark-plug-4-3-gl-volvo.html)

Inno October 2nd 06 10:04 PM

QUERY: Correct Spark Plug for 4.3 GL Volvo

Can someone tell me the correct spark plug no. for the Volvo 4.3 GL V6
in my Larson LXi 186 bowrider? Can't find this on the net, getting
conflicting info.

Thanks,

ID

JimH October 2nd 06 10:46 PM

QUERY: Correct Spark Plug for 4.3 GL Volvo

"Inno" wrote in message
ps.com...
Can someone tell me the correct spark plug no. for the Volvo 4.3 GL V6
in my Larson LXi 186 bowrider? Can't find this on the net, getting
conflicting info.

Thanks,

ID

There is no one number..............it all depends on which spark plug
manufacturer you choose.

Here is Champions site: http://www.championsparkplugs.com/

Here us NKG's: http://www.ngk.com/

Choose a manufacturer, find their website and let your fingers do your
walking................;-)

bowgus October 2nd 06 11:11 PM

Inno wrote:
Can someone tell me the correct spark plug no. for the Volvo 4.3 GL V6
in my Larson LXi 186 bowrider? Can't find this on the net, getting
conflicting info.

Well the manual which I downloaded from the VP site gives the VP number
(of course), which is PN3858997 and the suggested repacement schedule
from the Maintenance Schedule also downloaded from the VP site is 3
years ... fwiw.

Inno October 3rd 06 03:19 AM

QUERY: Correct Spark Plug for 4.3 GL Volvo

Yes, I already tried this at the auto supply place for Champion. The
problem is they show two different "reach" size plugs for the 4.3 GL
Volvo (.460 and .708) and couldn't be sure which one to get. The
Champion site does the same thing!

JimH wrote:
ps.com...

JohnH October 3rd 06 01:07 PM

On 2 Oct 2006 19:19:13 -0700, "Inno" wrote:

Yes, I already tried this at the auto supply place for Champion. The
problem is they show two different "reach" size plugs for the 4.3 GL
Volvo (.460 and .708) and couldn't be sure which one to get. The
Champion site does the same thing!

JimH wrote:
"Inno" wrote in message
ps.com...
Can someone tell me the correct spark plug no. for the Volvo 4.3 GL V6
in my Larson LXi 186 bowrider? Can't find this on the net, getting
conflicting info.

Thanks,

ID

There is no one number..............it all depends on which spark plug
manufacturer you choose.

Here is Champions site: http://www.championsparkplugs.com/

Here us NKG's: http://www.ngk.com/

Choose a manufacturer, find their website and let your fingers do your
walking................;-)

Go he http://tinyurl.com/orple

Put in the serial number or model of the engine and find the Volvo part
number for your plug.

Can't you measure the 'reach' of the plugs in the engine now?

Inno October 3rd 06 10:39 PM

QUERY: Correct Spark Plug for 4.3 GL Volvo

No can't measure them now as the boat is 250 km away at the lake. I
want to get the plugs here in the city, bring them up next weekend and
install them.

JohnH wrote:
On 2 Oct 2006 19:19:13 -0700, "Inno" wrote:

Yes, I already tried this at the auto supply place for Champion. The
problem is they show two different "reach" size plugs for the 4.3 GL
Volvo (.460 and .708) and couldn't be sure which one to get. The
Champion site does the same thing!

JimH wrote:
ps.com...

JimH October 3rd 06 11:02 PM

QUERY: Correct Spark Plug for 4.3 GL Volvo

"Inno" wrote in message
oups.com...
No can't measure them now as the boat is 250 km away at the lake. I
want to get the plugs here in the city, bring them up next weekend and
install them.

Buy a set of each, return the ones that were not the correct reach size.
Just remember to hold onto the receipt. ;-)