Florida Keyz

Default St. Johns River Becoming 1 Large Manatee Zone

Nothing better for breakfast than manatee steak and bald eagle fried eggs!
Capt. Frank Hopkins

15th Century Manuscripts in St. Augustine contain a recipe for roasted
manatee with black pepper and sugarcane syrup.

C.F.

Rural Knight wrote:

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message

It boils down to humans or Manatee.. I vote humans

If Manatees are "Sea Cows", can you make them into
hamburgers?

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Not to mention conchead chowder, or is that chowderhead conchs! You
coconut cases should have seceded.

C.F.

Florida Keyz wrote:

Nothing better for breakfast than manatee steak and bald eagle fried eggs!

Don White

We spent a very enjoyable day motoring at 5.5 knots moving the Mirage 33
from a friends floating dock in Chester to our summer club in St. Margaret's
Bay.
There wasn't enough wind to sail until the last half hour. (the trip took
six hours )

Capt. Frank Hopkins wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, the St. Johns at rip tide has a current of 9 knots. (not mph). If
you are fighting the current you CAN'T maintain headway.

C.F.

Don White wrote:
What's wrong with 6 knots?
When we're out sailing, we're thrilled to move at that speed or

slightly
better.

-snip... .

Manatee Zones require that you slow to 6mph+/-.

Are manatees more important than kids?