BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mildewed top (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/729-mildewed-top.html)

D Smyth August 17th 03 10:48 PM

Mildewed top

Thought I'd pass along a good way of cleaning a fabric boat top. Mine was
getting pretty grey with mildew and crud. I experimented with a number of
things. What worked fabulously well was equal parts of Castrol Super Clean,
Household Bleach and warm water, scrubbing with a laundry brush and rinsing
well with a hose or pressure washer. But wear rubber gloves. It's hard on
the fingers.
Incidentally, I found the pressure washer great for cleaning the deck
carpet. It gets wet and the boat ships a lot of water but the warm sun and
the bilge pump take care of that. Then, when it dries, vacuum it.
ds