BoatBanter.com

-   -   Changing of the Guard (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/72059-changing-guard.html)

Don White July 24th 06 04:04 AM

Changing of the Guard

Dropped down to watch the parade of units celebrating 100 years since
the British Imperial Army left Halifax in 1906.
At a wharfside ceremony the Captain of HMS Scott (Hydrographic ship)
presented out Lt Governor with a chart of local waters drawn by Capt
James Cook when he was stationed here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vrecschart.jpg

to left of podium..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dceremonyC.jpg

to right of podium..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dceremonyB.jpg

Brits prepare to board & cast off..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ritsleaveD.jpg

Don White August 6th 06 03:46 AM

Changing of the Guard

Don White wrote:

Dropped down to watch the parade of units celebrating 100 years since
the British Imperial Army left Halifax in 1906.
At a wharfside ceremony the Captain of HMS Scott (Hydrographic ship)
presented out Lt Governor with a chart of local waters drawn by Capt
James Cook when he was stationed here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vrecschart.jpg

to left of podium..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dceremonyC.jpg

to right of podium..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dceremonyB.jpg

Brits prepare to board & cast off..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ritsleaveD.jpg

Wish I had a Mini DV camera to take proper movies.
I did take 4 or 5 short versions on my HP R707 digital camera.