BoatBanter.com

-   -   Depth Finder Stops Working- Resolution (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/71883-depth-finder-stops-working-resolution.html)

frank1492 July 18th 06 08:38 PM

Depth Finder Stops Working- Resolution

To those who advised me about my problem with the non-functioning
Datamarine LX-210, I have decided to leave the thru-hull transducer in
place and purchase a Garmin Fishfinder 140, which is quite reasonably
priced and has a depth meter that reads in tenths of feet (many do
not.) I am also planning to epoxy the transducer to the bottom rather
than mount it to the transom, which Garmin says can be done with my
Grady.
Thanks again for your help. I would have posted sooner but lost
my phone for about 4 days.
Frank

Jim M July 19th 06 04:55 AM

Depth Finder Stops Working- Resolution

frank1492 wrote in
:

To those who advised me about my problem with the non-functioning
Datamarine LX-210, I have decided to leave the thru-hull transducer in
place and purchase a Garmin Fishfinder 140, which is quite reasonably
priced and has a depth meter that reads in tenths of feet (many do
not.) I am also planning to epoxy the transducer to the bottom rather
than mount it to the transom, which Garmin says can be done with my
Grady.
Thanks again for your help. I would have posted sooner but lost
my phone for about 4 days.
Frank

You post to rec.boats via your (cell?) phone? Or your landline was down
thus no dial up?