BoatBanter.com

-   -   Depth Finder Doesn't Work (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/71508-depth-finder-doesnt-work.html)

frank1492 July 9th 06 02:43 AM

Depth Finder Doesn't Work

My depth finder constantly reads either 2 or 2.1 feet. Is
it the electronics or something else?
Thanks for your help!
Frank

Ron July 9th 06 07:37 AM

Depth Finder Doesn't Work

frank1492 wrote in
:

My depth finder constantly reads either 2 or 2.1 feet. Is
it the electronics or something else?
Thanks for your help!
Frank

Get out of the bathtub :-)
sorry couldn't resist . . . .
ron

Eisboch July 9th 06 01:44 PM

Depth Finder Doesn't Work

wrote:

My depth finder constantly reads either 2 or 2.1 feet. Is
it the electronics or something else?
Thanks for your help!

Check the cable connection at the display. Make sure one of the pins has
not been pushed back into the case.

Eisboch

frank1492 July 11th 06 01:05 AM

Depth Finder Doesn't Work

The boat is a Grady White 1988 Seafarer 22' and has a thru-hull
transducer. The project is a little on the back burner right now
but I will surely check the connections at the display first. Willl
also try disconnecting the cable altogether although that probably
won't tell me much.
Thank you both for your help. I will keep you posted.
FrankI

Eisboch July 11th 06 01:25 AM

Depth Finder Doesn't Work

"frank1492" wrote in message
The boat is a Grady White 1988 Seafarer 22' and has a thru-hull
transducer. The project is a little on the back burner right now
but I will surely check the connections at the display first. Willl
also try disconnecting the cable altogether although that probably
won't tell me much.
Thank you both for your help. I will keep you posted.
FrankI

The reason I mentioned the connector is because a friend's boat was
exhibiting the same symptom - reading a constant and shallow depth. He
routinely unplugged and stored the display unit when he was not using the
boat. One of the pins in the display unit had been pushed back to where it
no longer made contact with the connector plug. Pulled it out gently with a
pair of needle-nosed pliers and all was fine.

Eisboch