BoatBanter.com

-   -   How much Tow Coverage/Incident do you carry? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/71424-how-much-tow-coverage-incident-do-you-carry.html)

JimH July 6th 06 04:06 PM

How much Tow Coverage/Incident do you carry?

What level of coverage/incident do you carry with you boat tow company?

After this last incident I am raising mine (through Boat/US) to
$500/incident for a total annual cost of $89.

Chuck Gould July 6th 06 05:33 PM

JimH wrote:
What level of coverage/incident do you carry with you boat tow company?

After this last incident I am raising mine (through Boat/US) to
$500/incident for a total annual cost of $89.

Same here. In the waterways where we boat most of the time, it's
usually no more than several miles to one sort of port or another and
$500 is adequate. The one time I have ever needed towing was after our
old engine hydrolocked, and that half-day tow job from Roche Harbor to
Anacortes did cost a bit more than the $500.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of towing up
substantially this year due to the additional overhead attributed to
fuel price$. Knock on wood- I hope to not find out first hand just what
towing prices have gone up to in the last couple of years.

JohnH July 7th 06 12:25 AM

How much Tow Coverage/Incident do you carry?

On 6 Jul 2006 09:33:27 -0700, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

JimH wrote:
What level of coverage/incident do you carry with you boat tow company?

After this last incident I am raising mine (through Boat/US) to
$500/incident for a total annual cost of $89.

Same here. In the waterways where we boat most of the time, it's
usually no more than several miles to one sort of port or another and
$500 is adequate. The one time I have ever needed towing was after our
old engine hydrolocked, and that half-day tow job from Roche Harbor to
Anacortes did cost a bit more than the $500.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of towing up
substantially this year due to the additional overhead attributed to
fuel price$. Knock on wood- I hope to not find out first hand just what
towing prices have gone up to in the last couple of years.

Given my bad Karma, I use Boat US. Unlimited towing for $120.

http://www.boatus.com/towing/guide/services.asp

My last bill, last year, came to about $570. Well worth the cost of the
insurance.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JimH July 7th 06 01:04 AM

How much Tow Coverage/Incident do you carry?

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
What level of coverage/incident do you carry with you boat tow company?

After this last incident I am raising mine (through Boat/US) to
$500/incident for a total annual cost of $89.

Same here. In the waterways where we boat most of the time, it's
usually no more than several miles to one sort of port or another and
$500 is adequate. The one time I have ever needed towing was after our
old engine hydrolocked, and that half-day tow job from Roche Harbor to
Anacortes did cost a bit more than the $500.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of towing up
substantially this year due to the additional overhead attributed to
fuel price$. Knock on wood- I hope to not find out first hand just what
towing prices have gone up to in the last couple of years.

Are you with Boat/US or a regional boat tow company?