BoatBanter.com

-   -   Removing Starter on a Mercruiser 4.3L V-6 (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/70360-removing-starter-mercruiser-4-3l-v-6-a.html)

Jason June 5th 06 01:18 PM

Removing Starter on a Mercruiser 4.3L V-6

Anybody have any tricks for removing the starter bolts on a Mercruiser
I/O 4.3 L V-6. There is very limited space and one of the starter
bolts is directly up against the flange. I need some type of tool or
combination of tools that I can use to get leverage on the bolts to get
them out. So far all I have been able to get in there is a stubby open
end wrench or a small ratchet, but I can't get enough torque on it to
reomve the old bolts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.