BoatBanter.com

-   -   OMC charging sys. question (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/70179-omc-charging-sys-question.html)

May 30th 06 06:58 PM

OMC charging sys. question

Hi,

I have a 1982 OMC I/O (3.9 L V-6). I've noticed the battery voltage
gauge reads about 18 volts (in the red) sometimes. I'm not sure if this
is normal or if there's a problem with the internal voltage regulator
in the alternator. Some charging systems go "open circuit" once the
battery is charged and read high voltage. Is this the case with
my situation or is there something wrong with the regulator?

b.

May 30th 06 08:19 PM

OMC charging sys. question

wrote:

Ugh. typos. I'll correct.
: Hi,

: I have a 1982 OMC I/O (3.8 L V-6). I've noticed the battery voltage
: gauge reads about 16 volts (in the red) sometimes. I'm not sure if this